Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running
Running
Is there anyone else on this forum who enjoys running?

I´ve been running occasionally to try to stay in shape my whole life but never with any consistensy. However, about three months ago I started running more seriously, setting goals and making a proper training schedule.

My initial two goals were to run 10 km in less than 40 min, and to run a half marathon in less than 90 min.

Two weeks ago I achieved my first goal - running 10 km in 39:52 Smile

My second goal is going to be tougher, I believe. My PR for 21 km is currently 1:33:37.

I´m uploading my runs on Garminconnect, Strava and Nike+. Feel free to add me if you are also a member on any of these.

Garmin Connect

Strava

Nike+
RE: Running
I ran cross country and track in high school and college. I have kept up with jogging periodically throughout my life, though the past few years I have had some medical problems that prevented me from being able to jog. As a result, I have gained weight which is very difficult to lose. I am hoping to get back into jogging shape again soon. I used to jog ten miles a day.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I hate running. To me it's the most boring form of exercise. Though I like orientation, but I guess it's because it appeals to my childish sense of adventure Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I bought cars so I wouldn't have to run. Let's see....that started 46 years ago.
If you need to run you have set off earlier!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I do a lot of cardio in the gym, but only casually outside in the fresh air (no recordings or anything).

I used to be an 800m runner at school and university and used to compete at school level and inter-college at Uni.

I say, keep running! Great sport, extremely cheap, and very good for you Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
If my wife ever finds where I hid her cast iron fry pan I suppose I'll be running again. :p

Seriously, no. I admire anyone who does, but a couple injuries makes it a non-starter for me. Plus...it sucks.
I much prefer walking. I run like an complete total and utter twatification of a human being.
The thing about running is that it might make you feel miserable at first, then the more you do it the more you start to like it, eventually it becomes addictive. Having good cardio is one of the biggest life enhancers that you can have. You just feel great all the time. I used to be able to run a sub 5 min mile fairly easily. Though I tore the meniscus in my left knee rock climbing two years ago. Puts a damper on my running life quite a bit.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
May be helpful
[Image: 11t62ap.jpg]
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan