Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaky people
flaky people
So this is just sort of a little rant because I really got my feelings hurt tonight and now I am upset. What happened is that basically I had plans for tomorrow with a group of people and it was something I was really looking forward to doing. One of my friends that was going to go got sick (which is totally fine and I understand that) but then one by one every one of my other friends bailed out on me. Key here is that the plan is for tomorrow morning and these people just bailed maybe about an hour or so ago. So basically they waited until pretty much the last minute to just say oh well nevermind. I guess it might seem that I am making a big deal of it but this kind of thing just really bothers me and it really hurt my feelings. When I say I am going to do something I am true to my word and I do it. I don't just flake out at the last minute. If something important comes up then yeah I understand that things happen but at least have a good reason. They didn't even give a good reason. I would never do that to someone. If I had to bail I would make sure and apologize and at least explain my reasons. That's all. Thanks for "listening".
RE: flaky people
It is much better to be anti-social. Then you do not have to be concerned about people disappointing you.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 31, 2013 at 10:40 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: It is much better to be anti-social. Then you do not have to be concerned about people disappointing you.

Yeah I suppose. Smile

But then what about when you disappoint yourself? Undecided
Try someone promising to fly to see you, even bought the tickets, and then not turn up.

Sometimes even good excuses aren't good enough.

Anyway, yea, flakey people.
(August 31, 2013 at 10:43 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Try someone promising to fly to see you, even bought the tickets, and then not turn up.

Sorry that happened to you. Sad
(August 31, 2013 at 10:45 pm)mostlysilent Wrote:
(August 31, 2013 at 10:43 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Try someone promising to fly to see you, even bought the tickets, and then not turn up.

Sorry that happened to you. Sad

Oh wells. You take the flakey part into consideration in a friendship like that.

It's not all bad, now I can always bring it up to get things I want. Smile
The best thing to do is be more "social" or at least make a lot of different plans with different people so if one bails out you have another as a back up plan.
In my experience I judge quickly who the flaky people are and normally use them as a back up plan and never put upon them any importance.

I'm in a band right now and luckily the flakiness in the band isn't so much of an issue right now. But it is something that could fuck everything up if it did become an issue.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I uhh I don't schedule stuff with people on weekends or in mornings and treat all people as if they're flaky just in case.
Cuz im flakyTongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Wait a second... this is NOT about dandruff?
(September 1, 2013 at 6:14 am)paulpablo Wrote: The best thing to do is be more "social" or at least make a lot of different plans with different people so if one bails out you have another as a back up plan.
In my experience I judge quickly who the flaky people are and normally use them as a back up plan and never put upon them any importance.

I'm in a band right now and luckily the flakiness in the band isn't so much of an issue right now. But it is something that could fuck everything up if it did become an issue.

I agree about judging the flaky ones and I think that's what is really bothering me about this deal. The one person in particular I thought was a really dependable person so it really shocked me when he just bailed with no explanation. He actually didn't even respond to my text. Oh well I guess sometimes you just don't know what the other person's perspective is and what they might have going on in their lives.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1013 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod