Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you explain to your children...
How will you explain to your children...
In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?
RE: How will you explain to your children...
I think they will figure all that shit out on their own, I did. One thing I won't do is lie to my children.
Cunt
Psh, I won't have children. Dodged that bullet!
(September 8, 2013 at 5:27 pm)dimaniac Wrote: In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?

I brought them in the world because I fucked their mother and they have to die because that's just how it works.

I would personally find that somewhat more comforting than telling them that God brought them into this world in order to enslave themselves to him and that they have to die because God wants them to die.
I am not having children.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm)frankiej Wrote: I think they will figure all that shit out on their own, I did. One thing I won't do is lie to my children.
But what if truth is so terrifying that they won't be able to handle it?
Then call a Wambulance
(September 8, 2013 at 5:37 pm)dimaniac Wrote: But what if truth is so terrifying that they won't be able to handle it?

Children are resilient enough to handle just about anything, and I think learning about an evil god through the bible is more traumatizing to children than telling them the truth of there being no god and no afterlife.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 8, 2013 at 5:27 pm)dimaniac Wrote: In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?

I dont have kids.
(September 8, 2013 at 5:37 pm)dimaniac Wrote:
(September 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm)frankiej Wrote: I think they will figure all that shit out on their own, I did. One thing I won't do is lie to my children.
But what if truth is so terrifying that they won't be able to handle it?

So the alternative...lying...makes more sense?

Puh-leez.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're really a spektic then explain this: jasonstackhouse 142 5915 February 24, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1034 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  how do atheists explain nightmare Gano21 19 1355 January 2, 2022 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Ken Ham hurts children, watch Manowar 4 1169 October 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Athiest with children? Jesus Cristo 69 12916 October 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2566 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  atheism and children Catholic_Lady 568 82712 September 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Talking to children about death rossrocks88 10 3809 July 22, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Will you raise your children as Atheists? Kloud 54 10592 December 20, 2014 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
Exclamation Can someone explain this to me..? please... dyresand 3 1443 November 5, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: dyresand