Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half finished and to be patched.
Half finished and to be patched.
I recently bought Rome 2, a game for which I have been looking forward to for a year. As a longtime fan of the series I have played every single total war game released ever since the year 2000. I was never disapointed, the developer Creative Assembly has always delivered a fine product. But ever since Empire was released more and more dlc`s were also released that added new features to the game. For their previous release Shogun 2, they released a total of 13 dlc`s of which every single one had a price range between 2 to 30 euros and with the exception of 2, every single one could have been part of the originaly released game. I didn`t bother to much back then since the game was great.

Now when playing Rome 2 one can not help but notice that the game is simply unfinished. The Ai sucks, the game crashes frequently due to very minor things and generaly one always comes across little things which disturbe the gameplay and should not have been there in the first place.
Since the release 2 or 3 patches have been released already to be downloaded via steam. And every single one of those patches destroyed my previously saved game, forcing me to start the game again.
The presentation is fine, but the gameplay elements are completly unfinsihed and it plays more like a beta test version than like a finished product.

Playing the game I somehow cant help but fear that future games might even be released unfinished on purpose and then patched up and dlc`d into being actualy enjoyable for the purpose of profit.
RE: Half finished and to be patched.
Yeah, I'm sad how the whole thing ended up. on the bright side though, it did give us some funny glitches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFcUWzzO-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8

on a side note, if you want to replace total war: Rome 2 with something, give this a shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOPP4NUGexQ
I gess that is a nuissance for those that waste their time with games, teenagers & alike. I envy those that can play such games and hold a job.
I just feel the need to be absorbed in smart video games because everytime that I stop playing my stupid little fantasy things and take a look at the world I see dumb shit from dumb people and then I'm like "Oh well, the world's still shit, back to my make believe worlds." kind of a coping mechanism for dealing with human stupidity every single day of my life.
It is a trend German to be afraid of, sadly I knew the downfall of gaming is close. The issue here is two factors I seen, first is the obvious greed and the second is people do not treat gaming like movies or books. Video gaming in my opinion is a form of art entertainment. Due to that not being taken as such copyright laws do not protect the IP from pillaging publishers.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
I decided to wait before buying it until the modders have a chance to fix it up into something worth playing and Sega gets all the bugs out of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2241 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I just finished Chrono Trigger! Tempus 10 2705 September 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  ME3 Ending (SPOILERS, do not click if not yet finished) Darth 10 5257 March 26, 2012 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Chuff