Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path to Atheism
Path to Atheism
Hi Folks,

One thing that I thought that the Christians on this forum should hear is one that I am pharaprahsing the from the book 'My Journey To Athiesm'.

I am going to ask a series of questions to the Christians here.

1. Why did Jesus have to die?
  2. Why did God need a Human Sacrifice to forgive us humans?
  3. Based upon this Is it correct that humans can sacrifice each-other to God to redeem one another?
  4. How was Jesus sinless? Simply he went round breaking the old Mosaic law then saying he was sinless. Both are incomparable?
  5. If Jesus is Subordinate to God why do people worship him and not God Almighty?
  6. If God is just why did he let innocent Jesus die?
  7. In Church you pray in Jesus name, Why would you do this if God is surely more powerful and Jesus is subordinate to him.
  8. What evidence to you have that Jesus literally said he was God Almighty.
  9. If God gave humans free will why did Jesus not utilise this?

Do you want more
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Path to Atheism
(October 1, 2013 at 9:44 am)themonkeyman Wrote: [*]Why did Jesus have to die?
So that we may understand the the Spiritual cost of redemption, the only way we can understand tremoundous pain and suffering. Through a physical display of what this process meant to God.

Quote:[*]Why did God need a Human Sacrifice to forgive us humans?
Begs the question.
First you must proove God demanded a Human sacrifice.

When doing so careful to not commit another fallacy of logic. (affriming the consequent)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent

Quote:[*]Based upon this Is it correct that humans can sacrifice each-other to God to redeem one another?
Again you must first establish biblically (not through fallious reasoning) that Human sacrifice has ever been required of the God of the bible. (Before you say Isaac, you must repersent the whole story, not just cherry pick the 1/2 that you think you can turn into a straw man.)

([*]How was Jesus sinless? Simply he went round breaking the old Mosaic law then saying he was sinless. Both are incomparable?) do you think you have an example of this? If so please provide them.

Quote:[*]If Jesus is Subordinate to God why do people worship him and not God Almighty?
God is a title and not a Name. As in God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each has a role. Relationship is eatablished through the Holy Spirit. We are Santified by Christ, and that means as Christians we show respect honor and gratitude to Christ, As Christ is the Head of the Church, and 'we'/christians are the church. We Honor the Father by worshiping in the way He has provided.

Quote:[*]If God is just why did he let innocent Jesus die?
Jesus Had to die so you did not have to.

Quote:[*]In Church you pray in Jesus name, Why would you do this if God is surely more powerful and Jesus is subordinate to him.
Because in the Bible we are told to Pray in Jesus' Name. In other words it is through the santification of Jesus, that our words are worthy to Hear. To pray in Jesus' name means to adopt and follow the ways of Christ.

Quote:[*]What evidence to you have that Jesus literally said he was God Almighty.
The bible.

Quote:[*]If God gave humans free will why did Jesus not utilise this?
[/list]
His will was to follow the Will of the Father.

Quote:Do you want more
bring it.
Drippy is the kind of denseness you are up against.
(October 1, 2013 at 9:44 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Hi Folks,

One thing that I thought that the Christians on this forum should hear is one that I am pharaprahsing the from the book 'My Journey To Athiesm'.

I am going to ask a series of questions to the Christians here.

1. Why did Jesus have to die?
  2. Why did God need a Human Sacrifice to forgive us humans?
  3. Based upon this Is it correct that humans can sacrifice each-other to God to redeem one another?
  4. How was Jesus sinless? Simply he went round breaking the old Mosaic law then saying he was sinless. Both are incomparable?
  5. If Jesus is Subordinate to God why do people worship him and not God Almighty?
  6. If God is just why did he let innocent Jesus die?
  7. In Church you pray in Jesus name, Why would you do this if God is surely more powerful and Jesus is subordinate to him.
  8. What evidence to you have that Jesus literally said he was God Almighty.
  9. If God gave humans free will why did Jesus not utilise this?

Do you want more

1 - THe christ is a MYTH - there is not a single document from his supposed time that mentions his name - while we have results of ROMAN turtle races from the Golden Age of Rome.

2 - Human Sacrifice - the christ is NOT SUPPOSED to be human - is the connection of religion to its PAGAN origins - where human sacrifice was common

3 - No god is proven to exist - and NO human has any PROVABLE basis to claim that they know what a god is or wants - any more than they have proof of existence

4 - Sin - an offense against a god - does not exist - because gods do not exist. If you actually read the bible - you will see that god created everything -and saw that EVERYTHING is created - including evil - is GOOD>
Before I tackle these questions, you have to take a step back and look at the whole picture, and not just get pulled into the Christ equation.

For a god to rule the universe, he must be all-powerful and all-knowing. If he is all powerful, why doesn't he help those in need? If he is all knowing, how can there be free will if he already knows everything we'll do?

Tongue-twister: Omnipotence negates benevolence, and omniscience negates free will.

(October 1, 2013 at 9:44 am)themonkeyman Wrote: [*]Why did Jesus have to die?
No one knows for sure if he even existed. If he did, he was just another nuisance saying he had special relations to God and was making a cult. There is no story of Jesus before the Gospels were written (in Greek, pro-Roman and anti-Jewish) and they are so full of contradictions that they just can't be believed. There weren't 4 Gospels, there were over 40. The Christians just picked the ones they liked best and labeled them holy. Pure cheese.
Quote:[*]Why did God need a Human Sacrifice to forgive us humans?
Read the OT. God demanded a lot of sacrifice and blood. And if it did forgive us humans, there is no sign it ever helped, considering that war and conquest continued on even after the time of Jesus. If God forgave us of anything, there is no sign of it.
Quote:[*]Based upon this Is it correct that humans can sacrifice each-other to God to redeem one another?
Aztecs killed thousands of people a year to appease their gods. It didn't do them any good, either.
Quote:[*]How was Jesus sinless? Simply he went round breaking the old Mosaic law then saying he was sinless. Both are incomparable?
Jesus was not sinless. He wanted nothing to do with his mother, he convinced men to abandon their families and follow him and he basically said "believe I'm sent by God or you'll burn in Hell." To me, that guy had some problems.
Quote:[*]If Jesus is Subordinate to God why do people worship him and not God Almighty?
It depends on what Gospel you read. In some, he's a servant of God. By John's Gospel, he IS God. His story just got romanticized with time.
Quote:[*]If God is just why did he let innocent Jesus die?
He didn't. It's all make-believe. Don't get sucked into the fantasy. Look at things as a whole.
Quote:[*]In Church you pray in Jesus name, Why would you do this if God is surely more powerful and Jesus is subordinate to him.
See my last answer. And when's the last time a prayer gave you tangible results? Don't call random chance a "blessing."
Quote:[*]What evidence to you have that Jesus literally said he was God Almighty.
None. 40 Gospels that conflict with each other kinda make Jesus' claims should like a bunch of BS, don't they?
Quote:[*]If God gave humans free will why did Jesus not utilise this?
If there is a God, then he knows everything we'll ever do. Plus, he has a plan for the universe. Therefore, everything we do is known to his plan. Therefore, free will is not plausible. We do what he wants. If he didn't want it in his pre-fab plans, he'd stop us. But then again, look at the whole picture. Jesus' story is junk because it has little consistency, and a God is just not plausible.
Quote:Do you want more
Only if it's an intelligent question, and not faith-based fantasy.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey

Fuckall. I never get to play in any reindeer games.

Angry

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The path to truth, stop the delusion! That guy who asked questions 7 4217 May 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist