Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another challenge.
Another challenge.
[Image: 9grid_zps2e40ad9a.jpg?t=1381842413]

You can do this in paper, the challenge here is to go over all the 9 dots with 4 and only 4 straight lines without going twice over the same dot, the catch being that when you change from one line to another you can't lift your pencil, meaning that after you start, the next straight line must start where the previous one ended, to the maximum of 4 straight lines. Go!
RE: Another challenge.
Done! Big Grin
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
I've done this before.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Indeed its a good evxercise in that Big Grin

There is no trick in this one. My only worry was if I was being clear on the problem enunciation.
can u guys shoot a hole in it ??

Religion disproven by mathematics, boolean algebra,

Not (negation), denoted ¬x (sometimes NOT x, Nx or !x), satisfies ¬x = 0 if x = 1 and ¬x = 1 if x = 0.
And (conjunction), denoted x?y (sometimes x AND y or Kxy), satisfies x?y = 1 if x = y = 1 and x?y = 0 otherwise.

first we must make some definitions :

The pillars of religion are the believe in the fight beween good and evil, god vs satan.

so the belief in god and satan is religion.

R = god AND satan.

and

Religion True if Atheism False
Atheism False if Religion True

To be able to use that proposition in boolean algebra we must convert this in symbols used in boolean algebra, true and false, binary notation 1 and 0.

however,satan isnt equal to god they are inverse, opposite states.

god is good, satan evil.
god has no creator, satan is created.
god lives in heaven, satan in hell.

god is 1

satan is 0

so

god is (NOT satan) is True 1 is (NOT 0) (1)

satan is (NOT god) is True 0 is (NOT 1) (0)

and

Religion is NOT Atheism True
Atheism is NOT Religion True

or

Religion is Atheism False
Atheism is Religion False

now, to substitue this in the definition of religion by boolean algebra :
And (conjunction), denoted x?y (sometimes x AND y or Kxy), satisfies x?y = 1 if x = y = 1 and x?y = 0 otherwise.
Not (negation), denoted ¬x (sometimes NOT x, Nx or !x), satisfies ¬x = 0 if x = 1 and ¬x = 1 if x = 0.

Religion is god and satan.

R = god AND (NOT god) ..... 1 AND NOT 1 = False (o)

testing it the other way

R = (NOT god) AND satan ..... NOT 1 AND 1 = False (0)

the first state and the last state of the boolean function are not possible becouse of the definition of god and satan.

So Religion is proven False.

therefore Atheism TRUE.
daandaan Wrote:god is 1

satan is 0

Here's your problem. In logic, the value 1 means the proposition is true. What you've done above though is rather arbitrary and when plugged into your logical statement, it produces a meaningless outcome, since you've violated what 1's and 0's mean to suit your puzzling new definition.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 15, 2013 at 10:25 am)daandaan Wrote:

Cool story bro. Can YOU present a sollution to the problem in the OP?
(October 15, 2013 at 10:40 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
daandaan Wrote:god is 1

satan is 0

Here's your problem. In logic, the value 1 means the proposition is true. What you've done above though is rather arbitrary and when plugged into your logical statement, it produces a meaningless outcome, since you've violated what 1's and 0's mean to suit your puzzling new definition.

i know, its a giant strawman , i m directly hammering on the fact that god and satan are opposites and effectively MAKING them into inverse functions of each other.

then i use it to fill in 2 states in the and function ...of course its bullshit , but it can fool those who not educated.. it looks good..

and i ve tricked already some suckers with it ..

please...can someone make it even better??

the definition of but i think u know boolean logic
More precisely, you're asserting that god and satan are mutually exclusive. I don't see how that's the case.

Anyways.. this is rather off topic...
(October 15, 2013 at 10:50 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Anyways.. this is rather off topic...

You think? Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A simple arithmetical challenge. Tiberius 18 5462 October 15, 2013 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Cipher Challenge (Basic) Tiberius 1 2068 December 9, 2010 at 8:44 am
Last Post: theVOID
  Cipher Challenge Tiberius 10 4814 December 6, 2010 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Tiberius