Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cipher Challenge
Cipher Challenge
For anyone interested in cryptography, here is a cipher for you to solve if you have time.

Quote:PMXP WWZI YWDYF UQQUMD, CHC TEOM NVHSQR MPQ GHLQ EGL DIOMMPXL FLBA EIVZQX FMEWTOQ. THAF LHE KSN KDEVSQH BB UR MPQ XAZQEW JGX WW DIFMYFXZ FS ICF XAM ESECFMHV UR AQPI MISW LW KSN LA RHB DYBV UX YWD EGGARX MXWX. QR XAQE ML AGGVMEWYCX M PQXP UM BSLBURZ IZSMPQV VWPI BV M JXE IIXSE JHZ KSN BA XKG MRW AAPOM.

I might give some clues out if people want them Big Grin

Good luck.
RE: Cipher Challenge
Before I waste my day on this, one question..

Is it a simple cypher where each letter simply represents another, no matter where it appears or is it more complex?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I'll give it go, but my knowledge of deciphering ciphertext is woefully limited, so I'll have to research on internets first to see if you've borrowed from another system. If you've gone and devised your own algorithm then I'm screwed.

I just hope you haven't pulled a D'Agapeyeff on us. Big Grin
(November 27, 2010 at 5:14 am)Darwinian Wrote: Before I waste my day on this, one question..

Is it a simple cypher where each letter simply represents another, no matter where it appears or is it more complex?

I doubt it is a simple caesar cipher of an English original. I can"t think of anything in English whose caesar cipher would produce a word consisting of just two of the same letters.
(November 27, 2010 at 5:14 am)Darwinian Wrote: Before I waste my day on this, one question..

It is more complex than that.
Encode or Decode? D:
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Is it a vigenère cipher? O.O
I'm not confirming which cipher I used, but obviously it isn't a "modern" cipher.
Ok, so for those who are still stuck (I guess that is all of you), I'll give you a couple of clues that should help. The cipher is the Vigenère Cipher, and the key length is 4.
It was a tough assignment and I will accept your congratulations and multiple kudos now Logic

The clue for me was the question asked in the first line of the O.P. Very clever Adrian. Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another challenge. LastPoet 15 5179 October 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  A simple arithmetical challenge. Tiberius 18 5472 October 15, 2013 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Cipher Challenge (Basic) Tiberius 1 2074 December 9, 2010 at 8:44 am
Last Post: theVOID