Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Had To Let Lady Go Today
We Had To Let Lady Go Today
[Image: Lady_zpsb031ed83.jpg]

Probably liver cancer. The vet who came to do the euthanasia said she had advanced liver failure and she had stopped eating at all for the last two days and had been picking at food for the last month.

We had her for 4 years after the rescue group pulled her out of a shelter in Tucson at the age of at least 8. She was not your typical Golden Retriever in temperament ...more like a German Shepherd in a blond coat. She didn't like kids - the smaller they were the less she liked them - but she was terrified not aggressive. She would try to get as far away as possible. Over time she came to relax around other adults but she remained a daddy's girl to the very end. Her normal spot was right next to my desk. I used to have to step over her every time I got up.

Today, I miss doing so.

Rest easy, girl.
RE: We Had To Let Lady Go Today
Kind words are accorded to you, Min.

You did well by her and made her life much better.

Your final act to reduce her suffering from a slow death is laudable and honorable.

I remember growing up, losing my pets who were members of the family. I missed them terribly.

Take it easy.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I'm sorry, Min. You know I know it isn't easy even when it's the right thing to do. Take care-

Sorry for your loss, Min. Too many good companions have gone away of late.

It's hard to know what to think of it all.

My condolences.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm so sorry, min. It's the saddest thing in the world to give up someone you care about. Love and hugs.
Oh crap - sorry to hear that Min.

How is it if dogs are our best friends we still haven't managed to breed a bit more longevity into them?

Going to walk mine in a few minutes.

Hang in there.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
I'm sorry, Min. My condolences too.

(I'm starting to sense a conspiracy against dog owners on this forum. Sad )
I'm sorry for your loss, Minimalist. Keeping you in my thoughts, losing a loved one is so hard. Sad
I feel your pain having had similar situations with my two cats.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm so sorry Min, it's always hard to lose a furry friend Undecided
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3652 194625 3 hours ago
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 49 624 4 hours ago
Last Post: Astreja
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1071 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 789 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2429 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2250 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1101 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1082 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1125 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama