Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Smith video
Trey Smith video
Came across this a while ago, and have been wondering what sort of answer the evolutionist thinkers here can give to what Trey shows.

Especially with regard to the genetic code needing to be present with the physical parts the code directs, and his showing of the news clip about the T-Rex tissue ( 2yrs ago?) shown at the 1hr.32min mark, with the historical related stuff after that..
He goes into a lot more, but these 2 areas in particular seem to me a big problem for the official line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBz1roiQ...Q&index=15
RE: Trey Smith video
Are you seriously expecting that anyone here will watch an almoust 3 hour long video posted by an arrogant snob who continualy posts outlandish conspiracy theories and disregards any opposition to him on the basis of believing that you are a supirior being?
The genetic code does NOT have to be present with the physical part the code directs.

This is just one more example of people thinking that, because they personally are pig-ignorant about basic biology that evolution can't be true.

I weep for my species, I really do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I didn't know Trey was an arrogant snob, but would love to see his stuff on the conspiracy.
(October 20, 2013 at 12:43 pm)professor Wrote: I didn't know Trey was an arrogant snob, but would love to see his stuff on the conspiracy.

(October 20, 2013 at 12:16 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Are you seriously expecting that anyone here will watch an almoust 3 hour long video posted by an arrogant snob who continualy posts outlandish conspiracy theories and disregards any opposition to him on the basis of believing that you are a supirior being?
I'm pretty sure he's describing you.
Thanks guys.
I told my wife about your evaluation of my self and she told me I do come across as arrogant. "When" I asked? She said it depends...
So I learned something.
Thank God for Redemption. I repent.

Here is what I think often- the well rounded, grew up in a nice family, etc, people do not seem to see a need for an answer to the heavy duty questions of life.
But the people who do not fit, the bullied, the ones in pain, after apprehending the Way, enter a road that the well - rounded have always been on- learning to be nice.
So I am sorry for bad behavior here.
As for watching the whole thing- I did not ask for that
. But most people watch films nearly that long and learn nothing.
So do people in your regular life call you "professor"? Is it a play on "profession of faith"?

I find in you occasional flashes of being a regular guy. May I ask if you were born into your faith or adopted it as an adult? If you're of a mood to say more, I'd also be interested to know if you're an entirely 'gnostic' theist? Or do you recognize in your belief a leap of faith which could be compatible with agnosticism? Finally, assuming you are Christian, do you put more trust in prayer and reflection or do you rely more on the bible?

Quote:Warning this is a report on something so boring that I really don’t advise even reading it. It is more for my own personal research and cause I told the maker of the video I would watch it even though @TreySmith_book is an obnoxious condescending douchbag with zero people skills and comes across as a complete whacko.

http://ironatheistblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/219/

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Whatever- Notwithstanding what I think is a word from Apop to keep my mouth shut (at least I think that is her drift) I want to give a shot at an answer to you.

The Professor tag came from one of the young engineers where I work.
I had been instructing them on the workings of turbomachinery and began being called the professor.
The net was a new thing for me and needing a tag- that name came into my mind.
I heard later that college professors long ago were required to profess Christ in order to be able to teach. Most all of these teaching outfits began in Christianity. Seemed to make sense.

I grew up in Catholicism and blew it off after teen years.
However I began a quest for the answer to 2 questions - what am I doing here and where am I going.
This led me to investigate spiritual paths. I read the N.Testament and books on astral projection and ghosts/occult stuff.

I concluded out of all the myriad philosophies and religions - one - only one is the truth and all else are lies or shades of lies.

On my way home from work (12am) the question kept coming to me: WHERE will you be in 100 years? Also, the words of Jesus were burning in my mind= "He that is not with me is against me" .

Three logical choices were in my mind (since if one looks at life as if the good outweighs the bad - you stay but if it is the other way around - the wise thing would be to exit):
Fly my new van into a tree at as fast as it will go, But what if there is a hell?
Or (the unthinkable) go out on that limb- totally surrender to God and see what happens.
Or go on in this flux which I hated.

One night I came home in turmoil needing to make a decision (pondering all the evil in this world -some of it my own creation) and I decided to saw off the limb and go for it.
I prayed an "Act of contrition" and "Our Father" (the only good Catholic prayers) and I said- don't ever let me get away from you.

I instantly woke up in the morning having no recollection of going to sleep or anything after that prayer. I thought, Oh boy. God is real. I was different, I knew that I knew that I knew.

I immediately dove into the prophetic portions of the Bible ( a subset of "Where am I going"). That was over 40 years ago.

Theism ?? You guys are beyond me in philosophy.

I consider the Bible like an instruction book one gets when he buys a machine or a car. A Manufactures hand book of sorts.

Authority in prayer comes from what is written.

This whole area is in a different realm- that is the difficulty and stumbling block for us all. Including me.
Thank you for that absolutely terrifying glimpse into your psyche.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Epsoide vii and Kevin smith Drich 8 1753 November 16, 2014 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Wink parents just dont understand! as Will Smith says... timesnewroman 2 1451 June 10, 2010 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Violet
  Alas Smith and Jones: Cults leo-rcc 0 1257 May 7, 2009 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc