Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hovind's "Dissertation" Reviewed....
Hovind's "Dissertation" Reviewed....
er, torn to shreds, on Academia.edu.

Fun for the whole family!

http://www.academia.edu/2580595/Inside_t...sertation_

Quote: Kent Hovind is a young-earth creationist who subscribes to a number of some of the strangestideas to be found in the Creationist movement. Other creationist organizations and think tankssuch as Answers in Genesis are aware of this, and have even made attempts to disassociatethemselves from Hovind and others like him just to maintain credibility for the movement.Recently, Answers in Genesis posted a list of 29 creationist arguments on their website that they strongly encourage creationists to discard forthwith. As they put it, “Even one instance of using afaulty argument can lead someone to write off creationism as pseudoscientific and dismiss creationists as shoddy researchers —or charlatans!”

Kent Hovind perfectly fits their criterion of a promoter of pseudoscience and a shoddy researcher, for he uses all of the arguments listed there.
RE: Hovind's "Dissertation" Reviewed....
I actualy forgot about the man.
That's "Doctor" Hovind to you. He didn't buy a fake PhD from a diploma mill to have anyone call him by his first name, thank you very much.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Kent Hovind is literate? Well damn I learned something today.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Wow, page numbers scribbled on, having the same passages in different chapters. I am one to understand last minute sloppiness happens if you have written enough assignments. But seriously this level of sloppiness just speaks volumes about his academic attitude and the fact that he isn't capable of producing a professional paper even for his dissertation.
(October 21, 2013 at 9:36 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Kent Hovind is literate? Well damn I learned something today.

Only if you stretch the definition of 'literate' far past the Geneva Convention on torture. I actually have a pdf scan of the - ahem - "dissertation" from when it was WikiLeaked. It makes for entertaining, if thoroughly maddening, reading. I occasionally wade through it if I feel the need to smack my head against the wall, though I wouldn't recommend reading it in one sitting; I'm sure there are health regulations against exposure to moron radiation at those levels.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 21, 2013 at 9:51 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Wow, page numbers scribbled on, having the same passages in different chapters. I am one to understand last minute sloppiness happens if you have written enough assignments. But seriously this level of sloppiness just speaks volumes about his academic attitude and the fact that he isn't capable of producing a professional paper even for his dissertation.

To be fair, I understand the page numbers are a later addition by reviewers; the original was unnumbered. Which is even sloppier, really.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
When creationist websites are worried that you'll make them look bad, you've gone pretty far off the rails.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'd expect better work from a high school freshman.
How can that even be a "scientific paper" when there's no science in it, just baseless assertion and references to the bible?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kent Hovind talks about bible contradictions drfuzzy 29 7118 January 3, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "Dr." Hovind refuted FallentoReason 35 12154 February 22, 2013 at 10:30 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen