Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SW: The Old Republic
SW: The Old Republic
Anyone play on here?

I'm debating whether it's worth actually subscribing, but at the moment I'm sticking with free to play.

Oh yes, it's free to play, so check it out if you haven't already...

http://www.swtor.com/
RE: SW: The Old Republic
I used to play but haven't in a while. The main draw of the game is that it has a really enticing story. It's way more engaging than any other MMO I've played.
Yeah i've got a sith and a jedi on a server, i play at my friend's house - he's a subscriber.
I guess it has awesome story elements because it's a bioware baby and its predecessors had some of the best writing and stories video gaming has ever seen. Guess that rubs off in the MMO.

Man, Kotor was such an epic game, wait, IS an epic game. Seriously play that shit if you haven't already.
I played SWTOR for quite a while and liked it.
(October 22, 2013 at 9:38 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I played SWTOR for quite a while and liked it.

Not anymore?
They do a nice job with the storylines, which makes it feel like a single-player game at times. I played back at launch with some friends but we all lost interest after a while and I think my highest level character was in the 20s or 30s.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I played for awhile but then went back to DDO, which BTW has the same pricing model.

As others have noted it has a rich story line, and somewhat different story lines for the different classes. However, the characters were not very customizable. There are several races, but no differences in abilities - it's just cosmetic. I found that odd.

DDO doesn't have much of a story line at all. It's more about individual episodes. But, it has very customizable characters. There are just so many different ways to approach the game I rarely get tired of it.
John - I think the reason the different races have no difference in abilities and such is because of SWG and how that was received there (they did a shitty job of balancing).
Many of the classes for darkside and lightside are quite similar anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Napoléon 13 2393 September 2, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Light of Truth 0 969 December 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Light of Truth