Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:21 am

Poll: Regarding the Book of Revelations found in the Bible ....
This poll is closed.
I believe that Revelations must be translated literally and that such stories of a seven-headed beast rising from the sea and the four horseman are going to be very real and exactly that.
5.71%
2 5.71%
I believe that Revelations is partially literal and partially alligorical.
5.71%
2 5.71%
I believe either the large majority or the whole of Revelations is allegorical. I don't believe that beasts from hell will be running around devouring people up.
11.43%
4 11.43%
If you're left behind after the rapture, you are going to witness terrifying monsters for real!
2.86%
1 2.86%
Revelations is the ramblings of a primitive lunatic. Stop asking silly questions Cinjin!
74.29%
26 74.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations
Revelations
The Poll is for our christian theist members ... for the most part.

Feel free to elaborate. I'm only asking because of a recent conversation with one of your kind.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Revelations
Oops - sorry- read the instructions after I answered the poll - please ignore it.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(October 29, 2013 at 2:02 pm)max-greece Wrote: Oops - sorry- read the instructions after I answered the poll - please ignore it.

You're fine Max. I wouldn't want to completely discriminate against my heathen brothers. Tongue

I also believe that it already happened in the Year of Our Lord 1757 as real events in the spiritual world but recorded as allegory to accommodate earthly understanding. As per Swedenborg in Apocalypse Revealed.
(October 29, 2013 at 2:24 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I also believe that it already happened in the Year of Our Lord 1757 as real events in the spiritual world but recorded as allegory to accommodate earthly understanding. As per Swedenborg in Apocalypse Revealed.

I must've missed that one. You are an odd one Chad, but you're also the only christian on this site that I can stomach. (plus your idea of Hell is kinda fun Tongue )

I also believe that it already happened in the Year of Our Lord 1757 as real events in the spiritual world but recorded as allegory to accommodate earthly understanding. As per Swedenborg in Apocalypse Revealed.
Quote: real events in the spiritual world

A contradiction in terms.
An easily overlooked entry to the poll which is probably the most relevant to anti-apologists: The Book of Revelation is merely a more modern retelling of the Papyrus of Ani . A 1200 B.C. Egyptian funerary text which has a Heaven and Hell complete with a Pool of Fire reserved for the Devil.
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM
Revelation is nothing more than the writings of a superstitious man tripping on mushrooms. But it's funny how seriously Christians take that book of the bible. You can make any claim you want about the end of the world or the antichrist and just claim that it's in Revelation, and Christians won't question you. The thing is, yet again I must ask why would I want to worship a god which will make such bizarre and horrific events happen?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 29, 2013 at 4:35 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: ...why would I want to worship a god which will make such bizarre and horrific events happen?
So you won't burn in the lake of fire. Duh.