Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharia Law - "She's buried chest high"
Sharia Law - "She's buried chest high"

Religion of Peace my ass, Savage laws of a Savage Religion.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Sharia Law - "She's buried chest high"
Barbarians.
This is the trouble with using people as a commodity in the desperate preservation of an inhuman status quo; sooner or later, you're going to run out of people.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Just a vile vile religion.
Primitives ... actually proud of their "justified and holy" actions. Angry
[Image: Evolution.png]

Maybe sleepy can give us his take on this
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Give them a couple thousand years and they might be as civilized and tolerant as conservative Christians here in America are now... or maybe not.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 13, 2013 at 10:51 am)Rationalman Wrote: Maybe sleepy can give us his take on this

You really wanna drive yourself into a rage coma hearing about how this is totally justified, or not at all the fault of the religion, but instead the secularist atheist leftist communist satanist istist agenda? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I watched this video the other day from start to finish and couldn't get myself to find the words to comment. I still can't. It speaks for itself. I'm going to post it on my atheist group's page. We just got a new "agnostic-muslim" member. I'm curious to see what he has to say.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
I prefer when the religious exhort their beliefs. Not act upon them. Who else agrees?

Beautiful poem by the way.
What drives me insane about it is when secular people in America will claim that every group has it's extremists. Do you know what Fred Phelps and his ilk would be in the middle east? Moderates. Islam is out of control, MORE out of control by far than any other religious group.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion and the law robvalue 16 1462 September 22, 2018 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  pons ibi lity for it, she wo gimunepipa 6 768 March 12, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel) EnergyGem 72 6992 May 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Giants and the Square Cubed Law Mechaghostman2 14 3440 December 24, 2015 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Satanists to give invocation at high school football game jenny1972 28 6520 October 29, 2015 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: MentalGiant
  Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses Rokchan 42 10472 October 29, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Photo Mother Teresa was no saint,she was an old greedy toad! MountainsWinAgain 9 5379 June 3, 2014 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Despite baby dying after getting herpes, Orthodox rabbis say they’ll defy law. CapnAwesome 22 9231 September 24, 2012 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  The law of nature. shesadri 2 1232 June 21, 2012 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: shesadri
  If you know a person was truthful his whole life and of high moral character... Mystic 36 22459 March 9, 2012 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Mystic