Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanists to give invocation at high school football game
Satanists to give invocation at high school football game
Satanists to give invocation at high school football game in response to coach’s Christian crusade

Coach Kennedy is a devout Christian — which is fine; after all, that is his constitutional right. What is not his right, however, is his continuing to pray on the field at public school football games. Despite the fact that he has been told that this is not constitutional and that it is inappropriate in his role as a member of a public school’s athletic department, Coach Kennedy refuses to stop praying on the field.

Well, one student has a solution: Bring in the good folks at the Satanic Temple. The Temple has been known for cleverly standing up to this nonsense before, and they have chosen to stand with the unnamed Bremerton High School student as well.

The temple released a statement when asked about their activities regarding this situation, saying that if Coach Kennedy insisted upon praying at the games, then it was only fair — not to mention legal — that they be allowed to do so as well. The statement from the Temple’s Lilith Star to Hemant Mahta, the “Friendly Atheist” reads:
Quote:We are acting on behalf of a student there whose beliefs align with ours, and who would like to see their beliefs represented on the field alongside Christianity.
If the school chooses to tacitly approve the coach’s prayers by failing to stop or discipline him, they are opening up the football field as an open religious forum, and by federal law they must ensure that all religions have equal access to that forum, including Satanism.
We will be on hand with Satanic clergy at the football game, ready to perform the Invocation on the field if approved. If the school allows Kennedy to continue but denies our request, we would like to know the rationale behind the denial.

If the school district prevents Kennedy from praying publicly or disciplines or discharges him accordingly, we will withdraw our Invocation request.

“We will be at Thursday’s game doing a postgame Satanic invocation on the field if Coach (Joe) Kennedy continues to pray,” said Lilith Starr, head of The Satanic Temple of Seattle. “We won’t step on the field if he is stopped or doesn’t pray.”

http://deadstate.org/satanists-to-give-i...n-crusade/

http://mynorthwest.com/76/2834446/Satani...igh-School

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/football...nic-twist/

why is this public school allowing a coach to lead prayers at all ? i wonder if the student is really a satanist or is just trying to make a point . will update on this as it unfolds should be interesting , the game is tomorrow . This is the same satanic temple that wanted to put up a statue of satan next to the 10 commandments unless they agreed to remove it  Smile  update: the student who requested the invocation is atheist who “felt their views weren’t being represented,” according to the Kitsap Sun. The student wishes to remain anonymous to avoid facing a backlash.

" Bremerton High School coach Joe Kennedy has defied orders from school district officials to stop his tradition of leading team prayers. The school says the prayers violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, which prohibits public officials like Kennedy from promoting religion. “School staff exercising their right to silently pray in private on their own is fine,” Washington state Superintendent of Public Instruction Randy Dorn said in the statement. “But leading a prayer isn’t. School officials are role models; leading a prayer might put a student in an awkward position, even if the prayer is voluntary. For students who don’t share the official’s faith, prayers the official’s public expression of faith can seem exclusionary or even distressing.”

But Kennedy insists he has the right to lead team prayers. Lawyers from the Texas-based Liberty Institute have threatened to sue the school district if they block Kennedy’s prayers. ( where is the ACLU ? and the federal government ? and why is the school putting up with this coach i think the school should be sued if they DONT fire him! )
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
RE: Satanists to give invocation at high school football game
I can only hope the Satanists get to sacrifice a goat on the field.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I read this on the Friendly Atheist this morning.

Looking forward to the uproar...
Dying to live, living to die.
They should sacrifice that xtian shithead.

But what method?

Jesus Stoning

Ah, yes.
(October 28, 2015 at 10:07 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I can only hope the Satanists get to sacrifice a goat on the field.

Tongue

yea me too i hope they do go all out and do it right after the coach does his prayer in full view of the coach the game is tomorrow hopefully that stops the coach from leading a prayer and every time he does they need to give a satanic worship service . lol @ the comments on the articles

• ramonzaratan hour ago
    At the next game, lets do goat sacrifice offering to honor Baphomet! Right there in
    the middle of the football field! With the blood splashing all over the place,
    black candles, pentagrams and shit!
    I would LOVE to see the christians faces looking at this "prayer". LMAO!
  •  
  •  
    Kalib Butleran hour ago
    How about some equal representation for the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
  •  
    ramonzaratan hour ago
    Praise Baphomet our lord!!!
  • (ps this is the statue satanic temple was planning to put up if they didnt take down the 10 commandments from a public building - far less gory and traumatizing for children to see than a detailed rendition of a bloody man being tortured nailed up on a cross with thorns cutting into his scalp imo , the 10 commandments were taken down and they put the above statue on private property)

Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
See, I wouldn't have a problem with this if, like the girls in the cheerleading squad who pray during games, they did it themselves, don't force anyone else to participate and don't, apparently, discriminate against girls who don't want to participate.

This is the coach thinking he has the right to lead it, which he doesn't.
Dying to live, living to die.
If the Satanist group is busy or prior engagement at game time, maybe the Priapist Movement could do a service ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can never tell how many "Satanists" are genuinely devout and how many are just doing a tongue in cheek parody of religion.

Are all Satanists Poes?
The Satanists have got 'em by the short hairs, once again. It'll keep happening, because so many Christians are incapable of staying in their lane. Now everyone at the game will have to be subjected to a double helping of yammering, bullshit, and gobbledygook...it'll give new meaning to the phrase "coming out of both ends."

Nice going Coach, you stupid self-righteous bastard.
A muslim prayer would probably get them more worked up. Maybe some new ISIS recruits just for good measure.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 865 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Awkward School Religious Experiences? Jade-Green Stone 14 1352 December 8, 2018 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  School bible circle ShirkahnW 9 1153 November 20, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 801 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Give God Credit for the Things We Do? Rhondazvous 19 2806 March 13, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11605 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  MODERATORS!!! Can you give myself and Drich ….. 21stCenturyIconoclast 81 10209 January 14, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Please give me evidence for God. Socratic Meth Head 142 21706 March 23, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Analogy of the...Football? Aegon 1 856 February 15, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  What made you give up on Jesus? TrueChristian 101 17668 December 29, 2015 at 7:27 am
Last Post: abaris