Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is love?
Heart 
What is love?
Is love just friendship + sexual attraction? Assuming you were straight and single, if your best same sex friend was magically turned into an attractive member of the opposite gender, would you automatically be "in love" with him/her?

This analysis seems to cheapen the concept of "love" that people have because love then only results because of involuntary biological instinct.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: What is love?
baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me.
No more
I hate it when I don't get an inside joke.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Love is the situation that exists when another person's happiness is essential to your own. You're welcome.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
.... baby don't hurt me.
[youtube]-6g-Vh4vcD0[/youtube]

I don't know what love is exactly, I suppose I'll know when I feel it again.

I don't consider myself straight, gay or bi. I am just attracted to people in different ways. Some people more sexually than others. I'm not really concerned about gender so far as that goes.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
There used to be a silly rant. It's now gone.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Love:

When the only thing that matters to you is the other person's happiness, when you can't stand to be away from them, and when you wish strongly to bump uglies in a glorious fashion.
[Image: 0f5x.png]
Quote:When the only thing that matters to you is the other person's happiness, when you can't stand to be away from them, and when you wish strongly to bump uglies in a glorious fashion.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that comes under the heading of 'stalking', not love.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6948 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6815 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL