Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Soul
The Soul
Your body consists of Billions of cells
Why do you think that you are a "One" person?

According to non-creationists those cells are only matter, how can matter have a conscious and feel all together as a single person?

The only logical answer will be:
Another "non-matter" deity exists and controls those cells

A Soul
RE: The Soul
Muslim Scholar:

[Image: rV8RsTp.jpg]
(November 28, 2013 at 4:15 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: A Soul

A brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs
Have your ever caught a Jin on camera? You should take some equipment in to the desert and make a documentary. Don't come back though.
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly
(November 28, 2013 at 4:33 am)Markk Wrote:
(November 28, 2013 at 4:15 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: A Soul

A brain.
How the brain get the idea that you are a one person?
The brain is just some molecules of different matters

(November 28, 2013 at 4:34 am)WesOlsen Wrote: Have your ever caught a Jin on camera? You should take some equipment in to the desert and make a documentary. Don't come back though.
Does this mean that you accept something like Jin inside your body?

Yes, a Soul
(November 28, 2013 at 4:37 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: How the brain get the idea that you are a one person?

I'm not an expert. I do know when you start chopping bits of the brain out what you call the soul starts disappearing pretty rapidly. Unless the soul is hiding in the brain somewhere..
This is the epitome of "I don't understand it ergo it must be supernatural".

To answer the question of HOW the brain creates consciousness and awareness of sense would take to long. So lets examine the easily testable bits of the hypothesis.

If you pop a bullet through my brain, I stop having consciousness.

If I expose your brain to certain chemicals, you stop having consciousness. Until those chemicals go away, then you get it back again. Is the soul vulnerable to ketamine?

If you destroy bits of your brain (as per a lobotomy) you predictably alter certain aspects of your consciousness. Is the soul reliant of the frontal lobes?

If you take the top of the skull and prod bits of the brain while the patient is awake you can stimulate certain memories and feelings. Is the soul sensitive to the brain being prodded?

If your Consciousness is defined by the soul, how comes when you mess with the brain, you mess with the consciousness?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Quote:This is the epitome of "I don't understand it ergo it must be supernatural".

We get a lot of that around here.
(November 28, 2013 at 4:37 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(November 28, 2013 at 4:33 am)Markk Wrote: A brain.
How the brain get the idea that you are a one person?

(November 28, 2013 at 4:34 am)WesOlsen Wrote: Have your ever caught a Jin on camera? You should take some equipment in to the desert and make a documentary. Don't come back though.
Does this mean that you accept something like Jin inside your body?

Yes, a Soul

Nope i'm just wondering if you've ever seen one, or how you know they exist. I'm more interested in seeing you answer Jacob's questions though. Think you can do that?
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly
(November 28, 2013 at 4:15 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Your body consists of Billions of cells
Why do you think that you are a "One" person?

According to non-creationists those cells are only matter, how can matter have a conscious and feel all together as a single person?

The only logical answer will be:
Another "non-matter" deity exists and controls those cells

A Soul

Or, just or, No.

Ignoring your argument from ignorance, as Jacob rightly points out, and assuming your assertion is correct, there could be a myriad of other answers that you've completely dismissed in your "THUS GOD" conclusion.

Now, stop being silly. Read Jacob's post, then dismiss it all based on your own ignorance like a good filthy little apologist.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]