Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran developes rescue sea drone
Iran developes rescue sea drone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24929924

Iranian engineers have tested a drone designed to rescue people at risk of drowning.

The Pars robot has eight propellers and can carry up to three life rings which it can drop within arms-length of potential victims.

The project's engineers said they were able to reach targets more quickly than a lifeguard in tests carried out near the shore of the Caspian Sea.

This is the future. Using technology to help mankind, peace and not for nuclear weapons.
RE: Iran developes rescue sea drone
Cool. Not very 'Islamic-y' for this section, but cool.
That's cool, but the material you posted here doesn't seem to have any relation with religion or Islam; it has more to do with technology. So I have moved this thread.
Will the drone be programmed to drown homosexual atheists do you suspect? Clearly you've been dwelling deeply on my request in the other thread to find some evidence of Islamic countries contributing towards modern science or medicine. This is indeed a positive step, no denying that. Can you find any more? More importantly, how do you think this compares to the number of scientific innovations from non Islamic countries? I'm not interested in point scoring here, i'm just interested to see if your capable of applying your reasoning in light of these developments.
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly
I'm sure the technology would never lend itself toward spy drones Thinking
If it can drop life vests it can also drop grenades.
(November 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If it can drop life vests it can also drop grenades.
Perhaps, but can it drop acid?
WWAS* if it could?

*What Would Allah Say.
Why is it suddenly so in vogue to call a RC model aircraft a "drone"? Calling it a drone may sound zingy, but it doesn't imply your technological accomplishments are necessarily more advanced than what hobbiests had been doing since the 1950s.
How many people in Iran can even swim?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft to dump it's computers into the sea. Succubus 26 3722 June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Iran rolls out domestic internet account_inactive 6 1632 August 30, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Amazon Drone The_Thinking_Theist 21 3569 December 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: The_Thinking_Theist
  Hackers bring down flying drone downbeatplumb 6 2561 June 30, 2012 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda