Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Methodists That Inclusive?
Are Methodists That Inclusive?
I hate religions because of their divisive nature. Whenever one belongs to a certain church, they suddenly feel they must partition themselves off into a little sub-group where everyone inside that group is good, and everyone outside that group is bad. This exactly where that "you're going to hell if you don't believe in my god" ideas comes from. As Psychologist Darrell Ray understood, religions must protect the in-group from parasitical infections from other religions. This also explains Slobodan Milosevic's genocidal military campaigns against Serbian Muslims, and the violence between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland.

However, I have heard that contemporary Methodists are much more liberal and tolerant than other churches. My mom has been attending the Nooksack Methodist Church since she retired last January. She tells me yo do not have to be a Methodist to participate in the rituals and ceremonies.

While that sounds nice, I am a bit skeptical of this. Most churches are tax-exempt, and you need only to form a church with so many members in order to get tax benefits. So maybe the Methodist Church only pretends to be inclusive and liberal so they can attract more members in rural, densely-populated Nooksack, Washington. That is, they could lose their tax-exempt status if they lose too many members. Maybe other Methodist churches in higher-populated areas are just as bigoted as Pat Robertson.
RE: Are Methodists That Inclusive?
I'm a Satanist & all the methodists I've met have been extremely tolerant & liberal. Even when they know I'm Satanist.
RE: Are Methodists That Inclusive?
Perhaps there is a Methodist to their madness?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Ex-Methodists Out There? Jonah 6 1907 October 26, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Jonah