Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ex-Methodists Out There?
Any Ex-Methodists Out There?
Hey y'all! I've seen countless posts about people who deconverted from Christianity to Atheism/Agnosticism. From what I've seen in these posts, the ex-Christians mainly came from more fundamentalist sects of Christianity. I haven't heard anything about members of the Methodist denomination renouncing their faith. I'm asking this because I am an ex-Methodist myself, and I'd like to learn from the experiences of another Methodist's deconversion. I'm looking for ways to effectively engage/debate a Christian about their faith.

I'd appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
RE: Any Ex-Methodists Out There?
I did when John Wesley wouldn't confirm my friend request on Facebook.
The Skipper Says:
Good work, Little Buddy

(October 26, 2010 at 4:52 pm)Gilligan Wrote: I did when John Wesley wouldn't confirm my friend request on Facebook.

You're so funny, I nearly died of laughter.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(October 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm)Shinylight Wrote:
(October 26, 2010 at 4:52 pm)Gilligan Wrote: I did when John Wesley wouldn't confirm my friend request on Facebook.

You're so funny, I nearly died of laughter.

He wouldn't do it on MySpace either. He must not like me. Maybe I'm too Calvinistic for him.
The Skipper Says:
Good work, Little Buddy

Oh shit, this time I actually think I'm gonna die. Call an ambulance.

[Image: star_wars-chewy.gif]
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Quote:Maybe I'm too Calvinistic for him.

You're too calvinistic for everybody.

Oh my God! Really? That's wild! Dang, I wonder if he'd accept my Facebook friend request...Tongue
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4728 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 20947 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9444 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions Lemonvariable72 54 19158 March 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12131 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Are Methodists That Inclusive? Michael Schubert 2 868 December 14, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  First there was Cheesus crust, then there was Cheetos Jesus, now theres.... libalchris 2 2564 July 2, 2012 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Smile God, come out, come out wherever you are! Tea Earl Grey Hot 262 82155 May 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Is there any proof that humans are born into sin?... dave4shmups 51 13532 February 9, 2011 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Ryft