Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:01 am

Poll: Did Jesus Christ live and die in Japan?
This poll is closed.
Sure, why not? Anything's possible.
15.38%
4 15.38%
No way. My Lord and Savior died to save me from God.
3.85%
1 3.85%
Absolutely. The Tooth Fairy is buried in the next plot.
26.92%
7 26.92%
Whatever. I like to party.
53.85%
14 53.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japanese Jesus
Japanese Jesus
This thread reminded me of the grave site of Jesus Christ ... in Japan.

Many of you already know this, but for those of you who don't, I'll drop this bomb on you: There are those who believe that Jesus finished out his life as a family man in Shingo, Japan. Granted, if you're an even semi-devout Christian, it's unlikely that you buy into this possibility, but believe it or not, the evidence for his life in Japan appears to be no less valid than the circumstantial evidence of his life in Galilee and it's actually a touch better than the non-existent evidence of his death on a Roman cross.

Do I believe it's Jesus Christ's tomb? Hell no, but one does have to ask himself this question: If given two implausible outcomes, which one seems more likely? A deity posing as his own son died on a cross, came back from the dead and floated into the clouds? or a convicted criminal escaped punishment, ran a long way away, and became a farmer?

Hey, it's fun regardless ... enjoy. (The 2nd website I listed seems to have more journalistic integrity ... just sayin)

Conspiracy website Wrote:In 1935, Kiyomaro Takeuchi discovered 1900 year old document stored in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan, containing evidence, that Jesus (Joshua) born in Bethlehem to virgin Mary is buried in Herai Village in Aomori district of Japan. The document contained also Jesus will, requesting that his brother's tomb to be located next to his. The document was SO authentic and news so explosive at the time, that the Japanese government banned the document from public view and kept it locked in a museum in Tokyo. During World War II Tokyo was severely bombed and the museum with all documents was allegedly destroyed. Luckily, Takeuchi family made copies of the document before surrendering it to officials. Copies preserved by the Takeuchi family survived to this day.

Read More

[Image: jesus-1.jpg]

Smithsonian.com Wrote:On the flat top of a steep hill in a distant corner of northern Japan lies the tomb of an itinerant shepherd who, two millennia ago, settled down there to grow garlic. He fell in love with a farmer’s daughter named Miyuko, fathered three kids and died at the ripe old age of 106. In the mountain hamlet of Shingo, he’s remembered by the name Daitenku Taro Jurai. The rest of the world knows him as Jesus Christ.

Having run afoul of the Roman authorities, Jesus was arrested and condemned to crucifixion for heresy. But he cheated the executioners by trading places with the unsung, if not unremembered, Isukiri.

Read More

[Image: k-bigpic.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Japanese Jesus
Lol this is fucking priceless!

Quote:To escape persecution, Jesus fled back to the promised land of Japan with two keepsakes: one of his sibling’s ears and a lock of the Virgin Mary’s hair. He trekked across the frozen wilderness of Siberia to Alaska, a journey of four years, 6,000 miles and innumerable privations. This alternative Second Coming ended after he sailed to Hachinohe, an ox-cart ride from Shingo.

And it's still just as believable if not more so. ROFLOL
I think I like this story better than the one in the bible. Big Grin

Now, can we have an anime Jesus, please? Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 19, 2013 at 2:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: I think I like this story better than the one in the bible. Big Grin

Gojira Jesus. *rawr!*

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus wasn't a one hundred foot tall aquatic lizard!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
What did they call him, the Risin' Gaijin? Wink
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Well this one is a first for me. Great post.

Japanese Jesus? - Why not?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Kinda sullies Jesus a tad, skipping town and ducking out on his destiny. I do like the alternate affirmation that 'Jesus wussed out, duped his brother and ran away to plant rice for our sins', however.
[Christian Logic]

It's written down, so it must be true.

[/Christian Logic]
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 19, 2013 at 2:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: I think I like this story better than the one in the bible. Big Grin

[Image: 16793.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Jesus traveled to Japan and died there an old man? You can't prove it didn't happen.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7242 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Girl prays to CAUSE Japanese earthquake HeyItsZeus 31 10121 March 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: the6dead
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7387 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist