Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Comfort strikes... out!
Ray Comfort strikes... out!
Well, in an not entirely unexpected move, Ray Comfort and his creationist cadre moved up the day where they were to distribute their own corrupted version of Charles Darwins On the Origin of Species with a 59 page unnoted garbage introduction regurgitating tired disproved creationist arguments of irreducible complexity and claims that Darwin played a pivotal role in Nazi Germany, despite obvious evidence that it was banned under Die Buecherei von 1935 (The Library of 1935):
Quote:6. Schriften weltanschaulichen und lebenskundlichen Charakters, deren Inhalt die falsche naturwissenschaftliche Aufklaerung eines primitiven Darwinismus und Monismus ist (Haeckel).
Translation:
Quote:6. Writings of world natured and living-oriented nature, whose content is of false scientific enlightenment through primitive Darwinism and Monism.

Well, some of my friends actually debated the Banana man himself, while I was late and had to make do with some guy who I think was latino and claimed to have served in Iraq, not that he looked particularly fit. While he was preaching, he made the statement that is paraphrased as "Without God, there is no reason to live a good life". Enough being enough, I made my way to the box opposing from him in the circle of the public.

"Sir!" I begin, "That is out of line! You are wrong"
He calls me rude, but I persist, gesturing. As he quiets, I quote Marcus Aurelius, messing it up a bit, but here is the correct quote:
Quote:Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

The crowd cheered, but then the creationist attempts character assassination, asking if I've ever lied then trying to call me a liar (someone answered his question with "Christian" to "What do we call those who lie?"), etc,. I call it out - and I get the hypothetical of "If you were at God's feet", etc, at which I concede that if God was in front of me, I would accept judgement and bow down, but only under extreme and exact conditions. He then devolves back into proselytizing and professes how much he cares for me. At that point, I am weirded out again, but looks like he is tired too, so someone else takes the boxes away and it ends.

On the upside, my club and I passed out many fliers from the NCSE on "Why Ray Comfort is Wrong".

Busy day - I even got Origin of Species, Corrupted Edition with me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Atheists: Is coming out as an atheist as hard as coming out as gay? Blackrook 46 11948 May 2, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ray Comfort JaceDeanLove 10 2678 November 22, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  The worst I've heard out of Ray Comfort Lemonvariable72 18 6469 January 24, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
Question who is worse Shockofgod or Ray comfort? Mothonis 22 6716 January 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Cartoon I made about Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron maxbjork 2 2330 May 24, 2011 at 10:47 am
Last Post: maxbjork
  Comfort Tabby 4 2319 June 1, 2009 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: g-mark