Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistic Music
Atheistic Music
I don't have much music at all expressing atheism, nor do I know of much. Do you all have lots of atheistic songs? I want some that express atheism in just about any positive way... I have some, but too few. What are the names of various songs and artists?
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
RE: Atheistic Music
Kinda hard for bands to espouse reason and free thought, at least in the arenas of black metal, heavy metal and symphonic death metal, where I exist. It rather moves along the patterns of deep individualism and self determination. Perhaps you might like EPICA - I liked "The Divine Conspiracy" and their newest album is "Design Your Own Universe", which I am reviewing right now.

The best way I've found to express my lack of belief is my varied tastes in music, from Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli to Septic Flesh's Communion to Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God. People just figure it out after a while when the music they hear you playing is simply all over the place in messages. Most people I know who are religious play only certain bands of certain genres - I guess they take solace in familiarity.
Deicide ("Fuck Your God","Behead The Prophet" and "Scars of the Crucifix").

Bad Religion (pretty much every song).
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Check out "Believe in Nothing" by Nevermore. It's one of the few great songs I've found that's solely about atheism.
- Meatball
“Road to Nowhere” – Talking Heads
“Creatures of Love,” – Talking Heads
“Season Cycle” – XTC
“Dear God” – XTC
“The Smartest Monkeys” – XTC
“God” - John Lennon
“Imagine” - John Lennon
“I Found Out” – John Lennon
“Won’t Get Fooled Again” - The Who
“Think for Yourself” - The Beatles
“All you Need is Love” - The Beatles
“Big Sky” – The Kinks
“Redemption Song” – Bob Marley
“With God on Our Side” – Bob Dylan
“One of the Three” – James
“Death or Glory” – The Clash
“Rock the Casbah” – The Clash
“Blasphemous Rumor” – Depeche Mode
“Jesus Thinks You’re a Jerk” – Frank Zappa
“The Soft Parade” – The Doors
“God Part II” – U2
“Catholic School Girls Rule” - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Thanks meatball, leo, and fr0d0. I'll check into all of them! I have Imagine by Lennon and a few song from Bad Religion but that's about it. Tanks guise!
--- RDW, 17
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
"God Hates us all" by Slayer.

Not exactly atheism, but it does include the great line "I keep my bible in a pool of blood, so none of it's lies can affect me"
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Awesome guys! I haven't been on for a while an haven't gotten to listen to any of them, but I am on the way now! Big Grin
--- RDW, 17
just check out the band "Atheist"
(November 20, 2009 at 2:06 am)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: I don't have much music at all expressing atheism, nor do I know of much. Do you all have lots of atheistic songs? I want some that express atheism in just about any positive way... I have some, but too few. What are the names of various songs and artists?

Try this. NSFW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 611 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Christian music you actually like? JairCrawford 31 2661 June 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New Ahem Music Istvan 1 404 March 20, 2022 at 3:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6216 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Listening to music popeyespappy 35 3399 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Music Composition FlatAssembler 1 247 May 22, 2020 at 3:08 pm
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1127 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 580 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Never a flash in the pan. MUSIC. Brian37 19 1589 December 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: no one
  Music videos that rep the POTUS'S idiocy. Brian37 9 1665 October 22, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah