Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering if the privacy policy will be revised.
Wondering if the privacy policy will be revised.
I was going to reply to the invitation to do so in the thread titled "Privacy Policy" but got a message saying I wasn't entitled to post there. I wonder if someone needs to fix that? Tiberius pretty clearly invites us to do so there:

"Whilst the staff do have a degree of control over the information stored in the forums, the best people to direct questions to over how it is stored would be myself and Moros Synackaon, as we both administrate the actual server. Unless there is a specific reason for contacting either of us via PM though, questions should be posted in this thread."

I know there is one mother fucker of a storm hitting the East coast. Just wondering if any staff in a friendlier clime knows what's coming down.
RE: Wondering if the privacy policy will be revised.
I believe an announcement announcement announcement is imminently pending. We can wait.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Yes, we are finishing the details on our discussion about this matter. Please be patient.
(January 3, 2014 at 11:20 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: I believe an announcement announcement announcement is imminently pending. We can wait.

There is. Tiberius is working on it - but he is in the middle of a winter storm and may have power issues. The staff debate on the issue is done and all that remains is for Tiberius to draft and post the result.
Poor Tib.
Drafting and approving the final text of a new code is not something I envy...
(January 3, 2014 at 1:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Poor Tib.
Drafting and approving the final text of a new code is not something I envy...

Hear hear.
Sith code
Tiberius said that the privacy policy was not properly explained to the staff when it was first implemented. So, I wasn't aware of my violation until he pointed it out to me.

Once it is explained to the staff, the policy page may be revised in order to make it more clear to everyone.
I think perhaps further discussion should wait, per tiberus' request.
Sith code
I think so too Jacob, because if what Rayaan just posted is accurate it sounds like a cop-out "I didn't know what I did was wrong because I didn't understand the rules"? Or does it mean that Tiberius owes Jacob an apology for not drafting a clear privacy policy? What about the other BS that was said, is that water under the bridge?

Now I'm even more confused about this issue then I was before... Confused
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(January 7, 2014 at 4:14 am)Aractus Wrote: I think so too Jacob, because if what Rayaan just posted is accurate it sounds like a cop-out "I didn't know what I did was wrong because I didn't understand the rules"? Or does it mean that Tiberius owes Jacob an apology for not drafting a clear privacy policy? What about the other BS that was said, is that water under the bridge?

Indeed, Jacob deserves an apology from the entire staff team, not just from me. And again, we will post an announcement where we explain all of this, so please be patient, Aractus.

I'll close this thread in order to suspend further commenting on this issue 'till an announcement is made.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Policy Goosebump 25 2705 April 3, 2023 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Where are the links to the forum's privacy policy? Angrboda 9 3314 December 25, 2013 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: LastPoet