Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube video problem
Youtube video problem
Would it be possible to make it so that embedded youtube videos don't automatically load? We have some threads in which there are dozens of videos on a single page and it makes my relatively ok computer scream in agony. I know there's an extension to block Flash objects, but it still loads the objects if they are there.

I'm thinking something along the lines of having them hidden (like with the Hide tag), with the user having to click on the button for that object to load. Is that possible? It'd be a great middle ground between a million embedded videos and having to click a million external links.
RE: Youtube video problem
We only have these (automedia off tags):
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRCPjXn1DY

It appears as a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRCPjXn1DY

More on this and other stuff on our BBcode Guide.

As to your middle ground, Its an admin thing and it would require a plugin or written code.
RE: Youtube video problem
The Flashblock plugin for firefox (and chrome) prevents flash objects from loading in the first place, and replaces their placeholder with a nice button like you want.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why won't my youtube links work? Succubus 18 2863 October 3, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 887 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  youtube link is turning into a video.. Marsellus Wallace 2 1558 October 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Seriously Annoying Youtube "feature" Davka 18 4268 January 22, 2015 at 2:08 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Youtube videos not posting? TaraJo 14 4836 February 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Tiberius