Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrier vs. Marshall
Video 
Carrier vs. Marshall
I think Carrier clearly won this debate. Everything Marshall said was so cringe worthy. He's one of the most illogical "academic" apologists I've heard. Everything he said could be a potential keyboard cat fail video.

Marshall at one point in the debate (paraphrase): "If the world was as Carrier wanted [i.e. no suffering] then I'd want to take a gun to my head but I'm afraid flowers would shoot out the barrel."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Carrier vs. Marshall

I haven't watched the debate, but if you're talking about David Marshall, the guy is kind of an ass. He's got an Amazon account, and he goes around trashing negative reviews of books that he likes. John Loftus has tangled with him extensively, and there are several point by point reviews of his work on the Arizona Atheist's blog.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Carrier vs. Marshall
I've watched this debate. Don't bother. Marshall blathers on incoherently and Carrier basically has so little to refute that he gives up like three minutes of his rebuttal time because he simply has nothing else to say.

To call this a merely a win by Carrier is being too charitable; It was a nuclear holocaust.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carrier vs. Licona debate on the resurrection Tea Earl Grey Hot 7 3756 July 1, 2012 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Richard Carrier on Ancient Christian Attitudes to Science Justtristo 0 1128 October 23, 2011 at 8:52 am
Last Post: Justtristo