Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injustice
Question 
Injustice
By what criteria do you determine what actions a person is morally obligated to not do when fully aware of the consequences because doing so would cause some injustice? What is "injustice"? What are some examples of injustice?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Injustice
"Injustice"

The personally perceived conviction that someone else should not have what you do not have.
(January 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm)It Is i Wrote: "Injustice"

The personally perceived conviction that someone else should not have what you do not have.

Yeah. . . like health, safety, happiness and equal opportunity.
(January 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(January 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm)It Is i Wrote: "Injustice"

Yeah. . . like health, safety, happiness and equal opportunity.
Precicely!
I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Wait...what happened to the line through your name?

I go away for a day and everything fucking changes!
(January 13, 2014 at 8:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Wait...what happened to the line through your name?

I go away for a day and everything fucking changes!

Justice Big Grin