Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatphobia?
Fatphobia?
Is it real or are the residents of chubby town just bitching?
RE: Fatphobia?
(January 15, 2014 at 9:50 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Is it real or are the residents of chubby town just bitching?

Huh? Chubby Town?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Yes as a resident of chubby town i'm not sure what the other fatties r going on about
I like fat people. They make me feel more attractive.
There is some hostility towards us, and frankly, I see the point, sort of. Obesity is a cause of many medical issues (not the cause, a cause).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hmm... afraid of fat people or afraid of being fat? I definitely suffer from the latter.

While I'm not afraid of fat people, I do have a little bit of a judgmental bias. I don't like this about myself, and I try to squash it when I recognize myself doing it.
I am sure there are people out there that are worse than me, that actively hate the obese. If you're okay with being fat, who am I to judge?

I do not put it on the same level with homophobia or racism, as most overweight people can change their lifestyle and become healthier if they want. You can't become not black or not gay.
Did I miss something?
While I can appreciate the fact that extra pounds are unhealthy, I do not understand those who shame others about their bodies. That clearly does not solve any issues.
No. No no no no no. I am not getting in this debate again. No. Nononono.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
This seems like a lose/lose thread. Like a girlfriend asking you if she looks fat in something.