Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians can't read billboards - Philhellenes
Christians can't read billboards - Philhellenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUDhbgb2ZO8
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Christians can't read billboards - Philhellenes
Nice leo!

Poor foolish religious people. In the end they won't have thir way.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
Oh my amazing Dotard... Why have you made your creations so pathetic as to be offended by some little bit of logic?

The 'Imagine' ending was a nice touch Tongue Nice video Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Take the sign down now in the name of Jesus!! Too funny. It just goes to show the double standard by which these bunch of hypocrites live by. It's okay for them to advertise their religion on everything from posters, billboards, pamphlets, bibles in hotels, free N.T. handouts, bumper stickers, tee shirts, television ads and programming, etc etc but for an atheist to attempt to do the same is offensive and a direct attack on their beliefs. What about our rights to freedom of speech, what about our rights to think freely and express those harmless thoughts to the world?
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Some of the comments by Fodo's ilk were quite hilarious and yet scary at the same time.

My favorite was the one who said "Christians don't go around hanging up signs!"

I understand the saying now. The one where christians claim Jesus is their 'rock'.

The rock they live under.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
So true, Dotard. Here in the states atheists are like pariah they look down on us for not being a part of their pathetic flock. fr0d0 fascinates me sometimes but he is just following the teachings of his shepherd. One out of several million who are doing the exact same thing.

I have heard that power tends to corrupt and organized Christianity has proven that statement tenfold. They love to remind us of how they were martyred for their beliefs and how many have died to promote their lies. But once the reigns of power shifted they began doing and committing the same crimes against humanity that at one time they condemned.

Power corrupts people chatty... or do you consider yourself above that?

All I see is inane garbage posted by some thoughtless morons. That you side with them doesn't look too great from where I'm standing, honestly.
(November 26, 2009 at 3:39 am)Amphora Wrote: [...]
Poor foolish religious people. In the end they won't have thir way.

I sure fucking hope so.

(November 27, 2009 at 5:05 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Power corrupts people chatty... or do you consider yourself above that?

All I see is inane garbage posted by some thoughtless morons. That you side with them doesn't look too great from where I'm standing, honestly.

That's an interesting difference of opinion fr0d0. Now... should I give it value? And if so, why?

EvF
As usual Frodo posts some bland open ended superficial comment.

'inane garbage'

'logical and consistant'

Fodo uses such terms without explaination. When questioned, his answers are evasive or excuses (i.e. I don't have the time to explain it all to you. ) or claims the questioneer is 'ignorant'.

If it's not the brand of xtianity Frodo subscribes to then it's wrong. Yet no expalination of how or why all other interpretations are flawed and his is correct. Many have asked for a discussion to enlighten us, to evidence why all other versions/interpretations are fallible and why his is infallible. They are always met with evasiveness or superficial nonsensical comments ("I am logically consistant and they are not") without elaboration.

'Tis one of the reasons I believe this court jester named Frodo is not..... real. I don't believe he is a christian defending his faith here. I believe Mr. Frodo is a dis-believer playing the part of a believer to further demonstrate the silliness of God belief and the inane/evasive answers usually given by such folk.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Just stating facts fr0d0. Power corrupts people and those people run major organizations both in the religious and governmental sector. Christianity is not faultless nor exempt from this axiom since they have proven throughout history that it is true. Making laws based on church law and enforcing those laws through the punishment of death and torture as was carried out during the various inquisitions speaks for itself. People convicted of such crimes as heresy or adultery by our criminal court systems show how religion extends into the governmental sector. Some of our old laws in various U.S. states are based on bible principles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Read any good books lately? Rate them here Ravenshire 505 69866 October 13, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Read any good magazine articles lately ?? vorlon13 4 724 May 21, 2017 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Read any good books lately? Ravenshire 26 5688 August 6, 2014 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Celebs read mean tweets. Jacob(smooth) 1 1116 February 12, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Music Deep lyrics - Read... JohnDG 0 1435 January 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: JohnDG
  Read a poem aloud.. Darwinian 19 6134 April 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious