Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The United States is a Christian-founded nation"
"The United States is a Christian-founded nation"
Do people actually read about the founding fathers or...
RE: "The United States is a Christian-founded nation"
That's when you ask them where democracy, equality under the law, self-determination and the right to life, liberty and happiness exist in the Bible, and after you wait awhile, you'll never get a satisfactory answer because every single one of those items is meaningless to the Christian belief system.
In fact, most of the things you listed go AGAINST the Christian belief system.
As many of the Founding Fathers were decidedly deists, there is a serious lack of conclusive data for anyone to assert that the United States was founded as a Christian nation. Please call these assholes on their bullshit whenever the opportunity permits.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Oh trust me when the opportunity arises I never hesitate.
I've always had a hard time understanding why a bunch of deist would found a Christian nation that is "in no way founded on Christian principles".Thinking
They love to have the ten commandments everywhere, despite the fact that only two commandments are laws. Laws that pretty much any culture would have. Though when you have a country that's predominantly christian, they'll say not only is it a christian nation, but it was always meant to be.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Xtianity gave us the Divine Right of Kings. The enlightenment gave us the Declaration of the Rights of Man.

Fuck the jesus freaks, I say!
[Image: Awkward-Moment.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Theocratic fascists betrayed American values when they changed the national slogan of E pluribus unum to "In God We Trust". It amounts to treason in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88354 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Christians Mean by "Restoe our Nation?" Rhondazvous 86 9279 February 5, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Christian Nation? radical97 75 8707 October 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7403 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  No man with a sense of humour ever founded a religion Cyberman 30 7943 October 11, 2013 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Backwards nation Doubting_Thomas 72 23321 November 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Christian Nation chi pan 78 24443 November 1, 2012 at 2:47 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Fuck This "Xtian Nation" Shit! Minimalist 236 91942 October 23, 2012 at 1:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6319 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  STEVEN & THE UNITED NATIONS Stevie 2 1775 July 18, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Stevie