Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Gaben done it again?
Has Gaben done it again?
The release of the much anticipated Steam Machines is imminent, making me wonder if they'll be worth the weight.

Supposedly, they're simply PCs optimized for gaming, running Steam OS.

When they come out, will you get one? or would you prefer the next gen consoles?

Personally, I think if I were to get any, it would be the Steam Machine. They definitely have the power advantage, and are a lot more customisable than next gen. Plus, (I'm just assuming here) you'll probably be able to play all the games you've already bought on Steam on the Steam machines. Which is kinda like backwards compatibility, something next gen consoles lack. I don't have the technical skill required to build my own gaming PC, which is another reason Steam Machines appeal to me.

Here's some more info
Steam Machines on steam's website:
http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

A preview of sorts, which includes stuff about Occulus Rift and Steam Machines Confused Fall
http://www.stuff.tv/steam-box/valve-stea...iew/review

And if anyone needed a deal breaker, chances are if that game is ever going to be released, it'll be released on Steam Machines.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: Has Gaben done it again?
Steam is a royal pain in the ass.
Think of the sales, though!
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Yeah, I want a Steam Machine. My dad has been building (and programming) computers for as long as I can remember, and he is of course going to build his own. I thought it would be a good idea to perhaps make one myself too, with his advice and guidance.

(January 20, 2014 at 2:52 am)Sejanus Wrote: Think of the sales, though!

This year's Christmas sales were awesome, I got some cheap games, that I was really happy with Heart
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Games Done Quick KevinM1 1 714 August 2, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Awesome Games Done Quick - watch speed runs, fight cancer KevinM1 0 888 January 5, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: KevinM1