Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody do CrossFit?
Anybody do CrossFit?
I've been doing it for about 9 months. Best thing I ever did. I'll probably never lift weights again. I've had 7 knee surgeries and one shoulder operation from football, and lifting weights to stay in shape was always hard on me. For some reason CrossFit hasn't been. My knee has never felt better. I lost 15 pounds, got shredded up, and my cardiovascular fitness is through the roof.

I recommend it if you're adventurous and/or insane.
RE: Anybody do CrossFit?
I had a guy I work with do crossfit with his woman leading up to their wedding. He would always come in bitching about how sore he was, or bitching about how he had to go do it after work. He wanted to make sure everyone knew he was doing it. But he never looked any better, didn't look like he lost weight, and was still weak as hell. So that kinda shaped my view of crossfit.
I tried CrossFit, but I have to give it up. I kept dropping my cheeseburger into my milkshake during the workouts.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The original crossfit routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo
[YouTube]v=qnjYyfkcaNI[/YouTube]

No. I actually train.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I don't CF. Not sure how adaptable it is, anyhow. I do other things. However, one of my cousins down in FL owns two CF boxes. An athlete from one of the boxes (formerly) represented it in the 2011 CrossFit nationals up in Carson at what is now the StubHub Center. So, that side of my family, and their friends, all came over to southern CA, and I went up from San Diego, my hometown, to meet them and watch. It was way cool.

Oh, and Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzD3s-taa7Q
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 24, 2014 at 7:32 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: No. I actually train.

My testosterone levels just went up.
(January 25, 2014 at 12:02 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(January 24, 2014 at 7:32 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: No. I actually train.

My testosterone levels just went up.

I'm actually a competitive bodybuilder. We laugh at cross fit like people here laugh at Christianity.
Just googled "What is crossfit" and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M

I think I lost five pounds just watching the video...

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Re: RE: Anybody do CrossFit?
the Pinsir Wrote:I'm actually a competitive bodybuilder. We laugh at cross fit like people here laugh at Christianity.

I've done both. Crossfit is much harder. And more functional. And you can wear clothing and not look like a retard.

The day I realized that working out and staying in shape was for me and not so everyone else could see me was a good day for me.

Not saying anything about you. That was my own personal discovery.