Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahweh
Yahweh
To those who fail to glorify his name, god says:

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"
Malachi 2:1-3 [KJV]

Oh that's right, it's a metaphor, it's a parable, it's symbolic, it's taken out of context, things were different in those days, we cannot understand the ways of god, it's all for the best...
RE: Yahweh
Love it Tongue
(November 29, 2009 at 2:10 am)Joe Bloe Wrote: To those who fail to glorify his name, god says:

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"
Malachi 2:1-3 [KJV]

Oh that's right, it's a metaphor, it's a parable, it's symbolic, it's taken out of context, things were different in those days, we cannot understand the ways of god, it's all for the best...

But after all this time: shit is still shit. Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Meh... you missed off the first line: "And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you." Tongue

..not that I don't think you deserve dung wiped on your faces Big Grin
As fr0d0 says, spreading shit on people's faces is not always a bad idea, but this corrupting of seed sounds a bit nasty to me. Any guesses as to precisely what it means?
Only sheep need a shepherd.
(November 29, 2009 at 5:31 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Meh... you missed off the first line: "And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you." Tongue

Ah well that's all right then - as long as it's the priests copping the shit, the rest of us have nothing to worry about. Praise the Lord...
(November 29, 2009 at 6:28 am)Pope Alfred Wrote: As fr0d0 says, spreading shit on people's faces is not always a bad idea, but this corrupting of seed sounds a bit nasty to me. Any guesses as to precisely what it means?

Some versions of the bible interpret it as "I will rebuke your offspring". The Good News Bible says it means "I will punish your children".

So the priests commit the sin and God punishes somebody else! Just as well we don't use the bible as our moral guide these days.
(November 29, 2009 at 6:28 am)Pope Alfred Wrote: As fr0d0 says, spreading shit on people's faces is not always a bad idea, but this corrupting of seed sounds a bit nasty to me. Any guesses as to precisely what it means?
I reckon it means messing up the DNA to bring kid cancer in the world as a means of purification. Nice chap, that one. Never liked the bloke, the one that does not exist.
(November 29, 2009 at 9:12 am)Joe Bloe Wrote:

Some versions of the bible interpret it as "I will rebuke your offspring". The Good News Bible says it means "I will punish your children".

So the priests commit the sin and God punishes somebody else! Just as well we don't use the bible as our moral guide these days.
Oh it's a moral guide allright giving way to various moral perversions we don't want.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Yup. You tell 'em, Rabbit! Clap Clap Clap
Only sheep need a shepherd.
There's perversion going on here all right only we disagree on it's origin Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Yahweh guides your life you don's get anywhere Justtristo 0 1176 September 14, 2012 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Justtristo