Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm an atheist...
I'm an atheist...
Hello,

I'm Shawn, I don't believe in any god. Mostly because I have an education in science, and I think it makes sense to believe in what has the most reasonable explanation, and that is atheism. If you disagree, please let me know why, and perhaps we can discuss.

-Sudekai
RE: I'm an atheist...
Another atheist?!? Where do they all come from? The forum is filled with them. Joke

Welcome to the forums Sudekai. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome to these forums Sudekai! Big Grin

EvF
Hi & welcome Sudekai! cool name Big Grin

Science has the best explanation for material subjects, but has nothing to offer to theology. Are you saying you are ignorant of theology or you think science and theology are the same subject?
Welcome Sudekai!

Allow me to disagree already. Atheism is not a belief, rather the absence of it.

Have some nice discussions here.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
(November 30, 2009 at 3:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Hi & welcome Sudekai! cool name Big Grin

Science has the best explanation for material subjects, but has nothing to offer to theology.

That's because theology is a non subject concerned with the study of the nature of God which, by very definition cannot be studied.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome!
"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought." - Graham Greene
"So forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here today." - Lawrence Krauss
(November 30, 2009 at 3:33 pm)Purple Rabbit Wrote: Welcome Sudekai!

Allow me to disagree already. Atheism is not a belief, rather the absence of it.

Have some nice discussions here.

Allow me to be pedantic...

That does not apply to atheists who irrationally believe that God absolutely does not exist with 100% certainty, thereby committing the fallacy of 'negative proof'... IOW - the above does not apply to gnostic atheism, that only applies to agnostic atheism Wink

EvF
But Sudekai (who if he's got any sense will be now legging it for all he's worth) only said he believed that atheism had the best explanation. He didn't say he believed in atheism.

minus internets everyone Big Grin
You're wrong actually.

He said:

Quote:[...]and I think it makes sense to believe in what has the most reasonable explanation, and that is atheism.

(my bolding).

So he said both really Tongue

EvF