Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible - Useless And Irreleva
The Bible - Useless And Irreleva
The Bible, all the way from Genesis through Revelation, has only served to expose the myopic, primitive world views of the supposed writers of the 66 books that compose it.

This is an obsolete collection, of silly myths, puerile fables, useless fairy tales and irrelevant folk-lores, that has persistently thrived, through the ages gone by till date, on the inhibitions of fear of the earthly man.

Were the least intelligent of all humans to venture to read it with his mind and brain intact, he would readily come to the stark realization that the Bible has nothing useful in its entirety to offer humanity.

But the ever-present fear of the unknown, of the supposed agony in the so-called hell-fire, and of the imagined effect of the curse placed at the close of the last book forbidding subtraction from or addition to the shammed 'prophecy of the scroll', all these have more or less crippled the thinking and the critical mind of the reader.

Learn more from Jideoni-Charles to become religiously irreligious.

typographic error: irreleva > irrelevant

regrets please.
RE: The Bible - Useless And Irreleva
I agree the bible is stupid......so what now?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
"readily come to the stark realization that the Bible has nothing useful in its entirety to offer humanity."

Well I don't know about that - it has kept publishers in business for years.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
If the Bible's not real, then how did Jesus walk on the water? Check mate, stupid atheist!

:p
(February 11, 2014 at 9:47 am)jideoni charles Wrote: The Bible, all the way from Genesis through Revelation, has only served to expose the myopic, primitive world views of the supposed writers of the 66 books that compose it.
...okay...
Quote:This is an obsolete collection, of silly myths, puerile fables, useless fairy tales and irrelevant folk-lores, that has persistently thrived, through the ages gone by till date, on the inhibitions of fear of the earthly man.
...okay...
Quote:Were the least intelligent of all humans to venture to read it with his mind and brain intact, he would readily come to the stark realization that the Bible has nothing useful in its entirety to offer humanity.
Well, there are a coupe of interesting philosophical provocations in the bible so 'nothing' is too strong a term. But okay...
Quote:But the ever-present fear of the unknown, of the supposed agony in the so-called hell-fire, and of the imagined effect of the curse placed at the close of the last book forbidding subtraction from or addition to the shammed 'prophecy of the scroll', all these have more or less crippled the thinking and the critical mind of the reader.
...of some readers but okay...
Quote:Learn more from Jideoni-Charles to become religiously irreligious.
Aaaaaand the sales pitch. Seriously, you're not the salesman you think you are. You need to give us something of substance rather than all this marketing bollocks. We're not your typical market and if you want to peddle something to us, get to the point before we get bored.
Sum ergo sum
Yep, not at all impressive. The impersonal, non-interactive dispersal of bullshit smacks of spamming to me. I doubt we'd put up with a theist doing this.
Yes, the bible is as useless and irrelevant as the N and T were to the title of this thread.

Angel
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(February 11, 2014 at 11:51 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Yes, the bible is as useless and irrelevant as the N and T were to the title of this thread.

Angel

Jideoni-Charles - a pointless and irritating cu
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
This dude couldn't make a living using the more traditional Nigerian scam, so he's giving religion a go.
(February 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm)Cato Wrote: This dude couldn't make a living using the more traditional Nigerian scam, so he's giving religion a go.

It's funny you should say that.