Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the world be better of without religion?
Would the world be better of without religion?
Intelligence squared debate.

http://www.intelligencesquared.com/iq2-v...t-religion
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Would the world be better of without religion?
And again A.C. Grayling did a smashing job there.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Awesome work! Wish there more people like this.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Loved how angry the Bishop got when Dawkins made the comment about "There may be a leprechaun" , i wish Dawkins had the chance to explain the idea further to him.

Also loved the Bishop saying Dakwins never displays uncertainty to which Dawkins replies 'The title of chapter 4 in my book, the god delusion, is "why there is almost certainly no god"

A.C's joke about the comic strip was also very cool.

So many ad hominem attacks from the douche, can't remember his name.
That would be the debate they just went to see, VOID Smile

The debate Darwinian linked is a different debate from the one your are talking about (although also worth watching!) Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm)theVOID Wrote: Loved how angry the Bishop got when Dawkins made the comment about "There may be a leprechaun" , i wish Dawkins had the chance to explain the idea further to him.

Also loved the Bishop saying Dakwins never displays uncertainty to which Dawkins replies 'The title of chapter 4 in my book, the god delusion, is "why there is almost certainly no god"
For someone who is supposed to be a personal friend of Dawkins, the guy didn't seem to know many of his arguments. The other guy was just a moron Tongue
Funny how the Marxist perspective doesn't provide an alternative to social cohesion besides religion. Typical of functionalism to say that a unifying system is necessary for solidarity since who could ever imagine a world with a society dedicated to art, biology, mathematics, sport, etc. Why, it would be chaos!
an unfortunate interview of Dawkin's where the questions posed by Denton are idiotic.
They run a half hour interview while Denton's "prepared" questions address Dawkin's interpretation.
(1/3) Unless you feel strongly about R. Dawkins work, I wouldn't bother.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYvZMfSdBwo
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.
Made the link for you.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Big Grin Legendary !!
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.
My favourite part of the debate was indeed that bit where the Bishop said the Dawkst0r never shows any uncertainty... and then Dawkins simply quoted the title of the 4th chapter of his book (that he also stated in the book as being the chapter that contained his central argument).

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek: Picard - Way Better then I had Hoped AFTT47 17 1338 January 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Can we build AI without losing control over it? | Sam Harris Edwardo Piet 185 14490 November 5, 2016 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Colbert Report is a better source of information than other news sources? Chad32 2 969 June 3, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Would American TV do a programme on religion like this. downbeatplumb 3 920 April 12, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Universe Without Design Xerxes 0 1189 May 4, 2012 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Xerxes
  Doing Good...Without God Forsaken 0 742 April 10, 2012 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Forsaken
  "Why Science is Better Than Religion and Always Has Been" Justtristo 1 948 November 14, 2011 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Rainbow Doctors without borders charity event and auction. leo-rcc 2 1996 September 13, 2010 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  The World Of Religion binny 0 781 August 16, 2010 at 11:17 am
Last Post: binny
  A life without imaginary friends. leo-rcc 12 3072 November 20, 2009 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Pope Alfred