Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Riddance....
Good Riddance....
Asshole.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/201...m/5529907/

Quote:(WBIR) Kentucky Pastor Jamie Coots died Saturday night after he was bitten by a snake, according to Middlesboro Police Chief Jeff Sharpe.

Coots starred on "Snake Salvation" alongside Pastor Andrew Hamblin, from LaFollette, who was recently in court for TWRA citations for snake-handling. The National Geographic show profiled the Pentecostal, serpent handling preachers.

Chief Sharpe said Coots was found dead in his home at about 10 p.m. Saturday after a snake allegedly bit Coots while he was handling the animal in his Middlesboro church, Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name.

Is that jesus' way of saying "fuck you?"
RE: Good Riddance....
(February 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Asshole.

Quote:(WBIR) Kentucky Pastor Jamie Coots died Saturday night after he was bitten by a snake, according to Middlesboro Police Chief Jeff Sharpe.

Coots starred on "Snake Salvation" alongside Pastor Andrew Hamblin, from LaFollette, who was recently in court for TWRA citations for snake-handling. The National Geographic show profiled the Pentecostal, serpent handling preachers.

Chief Sharpe said Coots was found dead in his home at about 10 p.m. Saturday after a snake allegedly bit Coots while he was handling the animal in his Middlesboro church, Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name.

It could be God saying do not tempt the LORD God.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Most likely it is just a snake being a snake.

You know, G-C....they can't talk, either.
(February 18, 2014 at 1:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: Most likely it is just a snake being a snake.

Who said a snake talks, not me, nor does scripture.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(February 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(February 18, 2014 at 1:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: Most likely it is just a snake being a snake.

GC

How about balaams donkey?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
That was an angel. Turns out, angels are great ventriloquists.

I hate to see someone without a body count die young. I wish his family the best.
(February 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Asshole.

Obviously it wasn't a Christian snake.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(February 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm)Godschild Wrote:

GC

Quote:Genesis 3:1

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Fall

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.

He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You[a] shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

Oh...I know. You are going to claim that none of these words mean what they actually say. That is your usual bullshit story.

You're even a lousy fundie, you know that?
(February 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh...I know. You are going to claim that none of these words mean what they actually say. That is your usual bullshit story.

You're even a lousy fundie, you know that?

Odd how that slippery standard of interpretation is never applied to -- oh -- the resurrection.
I am waiting for "A serpent isn't a snake because......" in 5, 4, 3......
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well that's that christianity good riddance dyresand 11 3033 May 15, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Nope