Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well that's that christianity good riddance
Well that's that christianity good riddance
Pretty much christianity in this nation is dying off haha bible take that and put that in your pipe and smoke it.

A brief snippet from the article. 

"NEW YORK (AP) — The number of Americans who don't affiliate with a particular religion has grown to 56 million in recent years, making the faith group researchers call "nones" the second-largest in total numbers behind evangelicals, according to a Pew Research Center study released Tuesday.

Christianity is still the dominant faith by far in the U.S.; 7 in 10 Americans identify with the tradition. However, the ranks of Christians have declined as the segment of people with no religion has grown, the survey says.
Between 2007 and 2014, when Pew conducted two major surveys of U.S. religious life, Americans who described themselves as atheist, agnostic or of no particular faith grew from 16 percent to nearly 23 percent. At the same time, Christians dropped from about 78 percent to just under 71 percent of the population. Protestants now comprise 46.5 percent of what was once a predominantly Protestant country."

http://news.yahoo.com/study-americans-becoming-less-christian-more-secular-040229436.html <- good read. 

What does that mean for atheists and other religions?

People are more accepting now then back then, and do not care and do not throw their religion in everyone's face. We are being more accepting than being regressive were being progressive. Religion as of now is going where it should be privately at home practiced not shoved down peoples faces because that is wrong. Religion is a private matter not public that is all. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Well that's that christianity good riddance
Welcome back Smile And you bring the good news with you!

Damn straight! Keep your religion in your trousers, we don't need to see it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Could those self identified christers pass even the laxest, easiest, most minimal possible test of Bible fealty ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think when Bill Nye debates xtians and makes fools out of them, the general population can accept it better.  Scientists are dumbing down how they explain scientific things, so more people can understand.

It is sad that science has to be dumbed down but how else do you battle retards?  Some how you need to approach their level of understanding.
(May 12, 2015 at 1:33 pm)polar bear Wrote: I think when Bill Nye debates xtians and makes fools out of them, the general population can accept it better.  Scientists are dumbing down how they explain scientific things, so more people can understand.

It is sad that science has to be dumbed down but how else do you battle retards?  Some how you need to approach their level of understanding.

Science isn't dumb'ed down the explanations are.  But in general religion is the cause of why people are dumb it's because religion doesn't allow you to ask questions.
Important questions at that. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah, it's better people have a basic understanding than none at all I suppose.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 12, 2015 at 1:52 pm)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, it's better people have a basic understanding than none at all I suppose.

Exactly it doesn't matter how basic it is its better than having no explanation. 

Code:
It is true.  Religious people say "question god" it is healthy.

When I did exactly that, I was ridiculed and told not to go that far.  I turned to scientific explanations and now if someone doesn't know the answer to my question, one is readily found.

The one thing I don't miss is the phrase " it will all be revealed to us when we get to heaven"  
(May 12, 2015 at 4:48 pm)polar bear Wrote: It is true.  Religious people say "question god" it is healthy.

When I did exactly that, I was ridiculed and told not to go that far.  I turned to scientific explanations and now if someone doesn't know the answer to my question, one is readily found.

The one thing I don't miss is the phrase " it will all be revealed to us when we get to heaven"  

I know right if they cannot answer these simple questions it makes you wonder.

1. Does god exist.
No one knows not even atheist know but theist presume a god exist because a book tells them.

2. How is god omni anything

3. how is god good when he does so much evil.

4. How does exist before time and space

5. why did god create hell and set us up to fail. 

(May 12, 2015 at 4:48 pm)polar bear Wrote: It is true.  Religious people say "question god" it is healthy.

I know right if they cannot answer these simple questions it makes you wonder.

1. Does god exist.
No one knows not even atheist know but theist presume a god exist because a book tells them.

2. How is god omni anything

3. how is god good when he does so much evil.

4. How does exist before time and space

5. why did god create hell and set us up to fail. 

6. why did god separate humanity from being united building the tower of babel. And why does god want us to rely on him. 

Code:
(May 12, 2015 at 12:19 pm)dyresand Wrote: Pretty much christianity in this nation is dying off haha bible take that and put that in your pipe and smoke it. 
It might be a bit premature to pop the champagne corks just yet.  Rolleyes

Here is more from that same article:

But the overall number of evangelicals rose to about 62 million people.

Pew researchers said Christian losses were driven by decreases among mainline, or liberal, Protestants and Roman Catholics.
Mainline Protestants declined by about 5 million to 36 million between 2007 and 2014. Pew found 13 percent of U.S. adults are former Catholics. The study put the number of Catholic adults at 51 million, or just over one-fifth of the U.S. population, a drop of about 3 percent over seven years. In 2007, Catholics made up about one-quarter of Americans.

Add in the Muslims, Jews and other theists, and the number of Americans who believe in God is huge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4532 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A lesson well learned from Noah..... maestroanth 48 8721 April 11, 2016 at 3:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Wink Well, that was fun! Cyberman 25 3202 March 10, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6800 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Well i thought id put this here dyresand 3 1347 November 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  In Christianity, blind faith is good faith Rwandrall 43 15821 May 16, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Nope
  Well...Have To Give Him This One. Minimalist 12 2152 September 10, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Well, Whaddaya know.... Minimalist 0 928 August 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well that's fitting .. total-dick xtians helping to eradicate religious belief. Whateverist 8 3267 March 26, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Good Riddance.... Minimalist 12 2247 February 19, 2014 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Cato