Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completely skipped this section.
Completely skipped this section.
Hey there, thought I'd make a formal intro since I forgot about it.

My real name is Mike. In my youth I was "that kid" that the church kicks out of Sunday School for asking too many questions in front of the other kids, like; "6000 years old? What about dinosaur fossils?" or "Isn't the ark still too small for millions of lifeforms?". My parents were religious (Lutheran and Catholic) but not strict about it. So it was easy for a Scientific worldview to win someone inquisitive like me over at a young age and very easily over mysticism--lucky me for having Cafeteria-Christian parents. I'm quite thankful for their philosophy to let me believe whatever conclusions I came to.

It's great to be part of a forum with so many Agnostic/Atheists/Anti-Theists like myself because it seems like other forums are still full of very pious individuals who don't like religious discussion in the forums. But I'm sure you theists here are entertaining and nice, aren't ya? I have never been a believer myself even as a child, mainly since no religion has met their burden of proof, the evidences against religions are huge and other logical and emotional reasons.

If you made it this far through my shitty speech, you are truly a god/godess among the people. Worship (large)
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
RE: Completely skipped this section.
(February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: My real name is Mike. In my youth I was "that kid" that the church kicks out of Sunday School for asking too many questions in front of the other kids, like; "6000 years old? What about dinosaur fossils?" or "Isn't the ark still too small for millions of lifeforms?".

You and my boyfriend both.

Welcome.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: Hey there, thought I'd make a formal intro since I forgot about it.

My real name is Mike. In my youth I was "that kid" that the church kicks out of Sunday School for asking too many questions in front of the other kids, like; "6000 years old? What about dinosaur fossils?" or "Isn't the ark still too small for millions of lifeforms?". My parents were religious (Lutheran and Catholic) but not strict about it. So it was easy for a Scientific worldview to win someone inquisitive like me over at a young age and very easily over mysticism--lucky me for having Cafeteria-Christian parents. I'm quite thankful for their philosophy to let me believe whatever conclusions I came to.

It's great to be part of a forum with so many Agnostic/Atheists/Anti-Theists like myself because it seems like other forums are still full of very pious individuals who don't like religious discussion in the forums. But I'm sure you theists here are entertaining and nice, aren't ya? I have never been a believer myself even as a child, mainly since no religion has met their burden of proof, the evidences against religions are huge and other logical and emotional reasons.

If you made it this far through my shitty speech, you are truly a god/godess among the people. Worship (large)
Does that mean you're not an atheist any more Thinking Wink

Welcome. Have fun.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Welcome May many boobies bless you! Big Grin
We've already clashed, but welcome anyway QT. You seem interesting to have around here Wink
(February 19, 2014 at 4:20 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: Hey there, thought I'd make a formal intro since I forgot about it.

Does that mean you're not an atheist any more Thinking Wink

Welcome. Have fun.

If you got through my terrible speech, how could you not be an omnipotent being?

Sounds like good evidence that you're god to me.

Wink

(February 19, 2014 at 4:27 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: We've already clashed, but welcome anyway QT. You seem interesting to have around here Wink

Yes we did, but it was fun, wasn't it? thanks for the warm welcome my friend.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(February 19, 2014 at 4:27 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: Yes we did, but it was fun, wasn't it? thanks for the warm welcome my friend.

Fine, you got me, it was pretty fun Tongue
Anytime, man.
(February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: But I'm sure you theists here are entertaining and nice, aren't ya?

Entertaining? Maybe.

Nice? Well, I think I'd like to plead the fifth on that one.

Welcome.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hello quantum theorist! Now you've opened the box, the social wavefunction has collapsed and you're

Welcome to the forum!

Haha I signed up four weeks ago and now im a Senior Member. You guys need to work on your seniority principle! Big Grin
(February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Quantum Theorist Wrote: no religion has met their burden of proof

You mean YOUR burden of proof Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Le new, completely original introductory topic.. le_procyon 6 2163 April 7, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fuckass365