Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le new, completely original introductory topic..
...in a sense that it has quite a long name.

Anyways, hello. Smile Not much to say about yours truly except that I'm a young atheist, relatively recently 'converted' (though I believe one actually returns to atheism, after being indoctrinated into whatever fairytale), looking for like-mined people on teh intarwubz since it's easier to do it from my sofa. I'm a geek, I read a lot, am currently in a college which I don't really like and/or enjoy. I like long walks on the beach, romantic dinners and clichés.

edit: Oh and also, I find it quite unnecessary to receive a bunch of welcomes, hellos and hope-you'll-enjoy-it-here since I believe I will, and we'll get to know each other around the forum. I do, however, like interesting questions so shoot if you wish.
[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
RE: Le new, completely original introductory topic..
I avoid clichés like the plague; though I can beat about the bush with the best of 'em till the cows come home to roost.

Hi procyon - nice to have a star name on board! If you're as mad as the rest of us you'll fit in just fine. If not, you soon will be.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome
Welcome to the best atheist forum. Wink
Welcome.
Cunt
Necessary or not, quality intro.

Have a happy man.

\o/
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome to hell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Introductory T.J. 13 1245 November 11, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Introductory Post Radco 20 2254 January 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Completely skipped this section. MJ the Skeptical 78 12052 February 23, 2014 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  An Introductory T.J. 26 2740 November 4, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  This post's likeliness of being original is 0% (Hello!) WithoutShame 14 2886 March 12, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  New New New Quid 23 4810 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Original, Funny, Atheist Apparel reasonistproducts 1 987 September 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Obligatory introduction topic phurgawtin 13 3242 January 26, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Introductory Madness Matthaios 34 7686 May 3, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah