Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Playlist Exchange
The Playlist Exchange
I love discovering new music and though Spotify gives me every now and then some good suggestions, I would like to find more. So here's my proposition, make a playlist (about 20 songs) on Spotify or YouTube etc, post it here, and listen to playlist that others have made. Why not also make a small comment about the lists you've heard through? Is anyone up for this? Smile

Here's mine:

The only requirement for a playlist is to reflect your particular music taste, otherwise, just go for it!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: The Playlist Exchange
Fucking Dirty Magic. What a song!

Pretty cool playlist Kay, I'll be adding a couple of those to my favourites on youtube.

Speaking of youtube, here's mine...

*edited out video, kinda ruined the flow*

For some reason it won't link to the playlist in the youtube payer, either way, here's the full list.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO...re=mh_lolz

Track list for those not bothered about actually listening Wink:

(February 26, 2014 at 5:23 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Fucking Dirty Magic. What a song!

I know right! The I fell in love with the first version on "Ignition", but when they made the remake on "Days Go By" I.. My ears melted with pleasure Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(February 26, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: This playlist can be found on Spotify, it's called Kayenneh.

Did you remember to make it public? I can't seem to find it :/
Yeah, It should be available.. Hopefully this link will work http://open.spotify.com/user/1150771481/...7TT09N8lX1

Mine's rather eclectic...

EDIT: BTW here's the link http://open.spotify.com/user/12132326308...OUJPdQVXPw
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Feedback for Napo's List.

Song I loved: Tool - Lateralus. It's a friggin' masterpiece! And Tool's music videos are always deliciously disturbing Heart
Song I didn't care for: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball. I don't like her music, but fortunately she has a really good voice, so it's not that painful having to listen to her.
What new material I got: Arctic Monkeys. I have totally missed that band, even though I knew of their existence.
Other: I lol'd so hard at Ylvis!
Overall score: 8/10, would definitely listen to it again (save for Epic Sax Guy for ten hours..).

(February 26, 2014 at 6:39 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: What new material I got: Arctic Monkeys. I have totally missed that band, even though I knew of their existence.

When I was in school I used to bash on them so much even though I'd never really bothered listening to them. Now that I'm a bit older, I listen to pretty much anything, and only recently did I discover just how awesome they are for myself. R U Mine is my favourite track, check that one out if you haven't alreadyTongue

Feedback for Kay

Song I loved: Dirty Magic. For me it's one of offspring's top 3 songs at least.
Song I didn't care for: Mizerable and Link, just didn't do anything for me Tongue
What new material I got: Mother Mother, pretty catchy. Also Noosa, not my normal kind of music but it was quite chill.
Other: I guess Florence deserves a mention, not my favourite song of hers though.
Overall score: 7/10 Not a bad playlist, I can definitely listen to most of what's in there, Dirty Magic and Video Games certainly bumped the score Wink
Finally Had time to listen:
Kay's list:
Loved: Imogen Heap, Stephen Lynch (Hilarious)
Didn't like - L'Arc en Ciel, need to be able to understand the lyrics...
New Discoveries: Noah and the Whale, Mother Mother
Old Stuff I Love: Counting Crows (Mrs. Potter's Lullaby is on of my faves), Florence is great,
Overall I'd give it a 8/10
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Feedback for SteelCurtain's Playlist.

Song I loved: Vintage Trouble - Nobody Told Me
Song I didn't care for: OutKast - Aquemini. I am really selective when it comes to hip-hop and rap, and this didn't make the cut.
What new material I got: Vintage Trouble, Vampire Weekend and Ray LaMontagne.
Other: But, but.. I am a fan of Incubus, Weezer, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Tenacious D already! Big Grin
And I have to say that I was positively surprised by Robin Thicke, I had only heard 'Blurred Lines' before, this one was definitely better.
Overall score: 9/10, damn near perfect!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Day of Work Playlist Rev. Rye 0 285 October 25, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Playlist for the end of religion Fake Messiah 5 728 April 22, 2020 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Music COVID-19 Playlist Rev. Rye 3 520 March 21, 2020 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Music Summer playlist Napoléon 3 853 August 30, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Zack