Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woohoo! Fred Phelps in poor health!
Woohoo! Fred Phelps in poor health!
http://news.yahoo.com/founder-anti-gay-k...30484.html

Quote:Nate Phelps, an estranged son of Fred Phelps, told The Associated Press in a phone interview Sunday night that members of Westboro voted Phelps out of the church last summer, apparently "after some kind of falling out."

Nate Phelps, who broke away from the church 37 years ago, said church members became concerned afterward that his father might harm himself and moved him out of the church, where he and his wife had lived for years. Fred Phelps was moved into a house, stopped eating and since has been moved into hospice care, Nate Phelps said.

I know you shouldn't wish for the death of a fellow human being, but Freddy reneged on his membership dues a long time ago.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Woohoo! Fred Phelps in poor health!
Come on, show a little pity, the poor guy was thrown out of his church, who knows why, and they don't let his estranged children visit him.
I'd much rather he come to his senses. I can't take any joy in his misfortune.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Quote:Nate Phelps, who broke away from the church 37 years ago, said church members became concerned afterward that his father might harm himself and moved him out of the church, where he and his wife had lived for years. Fred Phelps was moved into a house, stopped eating and since has been moved into hospice care, Nate Phelps said.
So they became concerned for his well-being and responded by... throwing him out of the church. Then again, they're known for their lack of empathy, so I suppose it was to be expected.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
If he's in hospice he is far beyond "poor health." He's dying.
Don't worry about him, I'm sure god is feeding him "manna" from heaven. Since he's SOOo righteous I'm also sure he's live well into his 800's like so many of the great old time prophets... He just has to be careful of those sudden "whirlwinds" that'll whisk him off to heaven.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Stimbo beat you to it.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-24658.html
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I almost wish there were a Hell, so Fred could spend the eternity he condemned others to Hell there. But looking at the bright side, as soon as he jumps in the box, I'm sure the WBC will pretty much shrivel up and fade away, unless Shirley keeps all the hate protests going. I hadn't heard that he was kicked out, though, so they may keep going under her leadership. She's just as crazy as her old man is. But I'm guessing that in another decade the WBC, if still around, will be but a shell of its former self.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Freddie's dead!

Fred Phelps Dead: Westboro Baptist Church Founder Dies At 84
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20...00577.html
Fred Phelps isn't worth the energy to get excited about his death.

Heard gossip that the WBC is denuding that protestors don't picket his funeral.

Dodgy irony WBC has it
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12910 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4249 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too! Minimalist 128 58764 May 24, 2013 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The catholic Phelps family Something completely different 0 1178 March 24, 2013 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Give all your money to the poor, and follow me. CapnAwesome 46 17583 December 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Pray for the poor reverendjeremiah 5 1709 December 7, 2011 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn