Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the poor
Pray for the poor
[Image: 378921_286987578011010_100000993109514_9...6565_n.jpg]
RE: Pray for the poor
I suppose it's better than the republican stratagy for the poor.

"Hey, you know what'll help the poor? Increasing the tax base to include all those non-americans who aren't paying taxes, giving tax cuts to the 'job creators,' and allowing poor kids to work menial jobs for less than minimum wage." - My summation of Congress' goals and ideals of the current Republican Candidates for Prez

Also, overwhelmingly voting to transform this nation into a police state. This is an actual thing.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(December 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: Also, overwhelmingly voting to transform this nation into a police state. This is an actual thing.
I like how almost all the urls have a summary of their article in them, so I didn't have to read them. Wink
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
At least their faith in the goodness of their omnipotent god is true enough not to require their fancy ride to be clearly bullet proof, unlike god's vicar on earth, one Josef Ratzinger, who either doesn't believe god has the power to protect his vicar from bullets, or that he could thwart god's intention to allow bullets to reach him through the artifice of a bullet proof Mercedes.
Quote:one Josef Ratzinger, who either doesn't believe god has the power to protect his vicar from bullets

To be fair, god fucked up real bad when John Paul II caught 4 bullets. If he wasn't going to save his favorite pollack pope why would he protect an ex Hitler Youth member?

JP2, btw, claimed that the intercession of the "virgin" mary was what saved him....even though every doctor in Italy busted their butts to put his sorry ass back together.
Lol makes me think of this one:

[Image: prayforthepoor.jpg]
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1008 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2424 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12889 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Woohoo! Fred Phelps in poor health! Doubting Thomas 10 1621 March 21, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Next Time - Pray for Driving Lessons Minimalist 23 5018 February 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: themonkeyman
  I guess they didn't pray hard enough Doubting Thomas 20 8454 October 4, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Did They Not Pray Hard Enough Minimalist 137 50520 August 7, 2013 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too! Minimalist 128 58711 May 24, 2013 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Give all your money to the poor, and follow me. CapnAwesome 46 17583 December 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists reverendjeremiah 19 8544 February 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda