Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senses,sensation, preception
Senses,sensation, preception
Does anyone else get these feelings? Dark feels fleece. Stomach aches are spiky and yellow. Shocking stuff taste like vinegar. Three is pink. The feel of petals taste like water. Does any of that make sense?
RE: Senses,sensation, preception
No, but even as a child I imagined "seeing" music, or what I imagined music looked like. Turns out they say that taking LSD confuses perception in the brain so that you can "see" sounds and "hear" colors. I guess I was just weird and didn't need any mind-altering drugs.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Connection between things, I think its lovely what you feel.

I feel noise is black , sleeping is white and a disease is fluffy and spongy .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Not quite what I meant. More like different senses aren't separate like people keep saying they are. I'm blind so I don't see anything but bits of "light". But more like extra sense along with what's already there.
In danger of sounding like Carlos Castaneda, perception IS everything...

When I experimented with drugs when I was much younger (mushrooms mostly), I felt and seen many things extraordinary and weird due perception shift.

With one of your senses missing your perception is most likely focused in different direction, which is acceptable and perfectly normal IMO Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
So I guess it's just the weirdness of me!
(March 17, 2014 at 4:31 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I guess it's just the weirdness of me!
or the uniqueness of you.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
I think they covered this on QI a while back, actually. It's very interesting, but not something I have ever really experienced myself.
(March 18, 2014 at 3:13 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I think they covered this on QI a while back, actually. It's very interesting, but not something I have ever really experienced myself.

QI? What's that?
It's a British TV panel show with Stephen Fry where they mostly discuss interesting facts and stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Senses Rahn127 5 750 August 4, 2019 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Anyone else experience physical sensation while dreaming? Astonished 14 2875 January 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Astonished