Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else experience physical sensation while dreaming?
I don't experience this often but when I do, it really sticks out in my mind, and I'm usually able to remember details about my dreams more when this sort of thing happens in them. I won't go into all of them but the most recent one I had less than a week ago.

I don't know why but in my dream I was trying frantically to get a dead spider that had somehow gotten lodged under the skin in my shin removed, and after what I think was the third serious attempt to get someone to perform surgery to do so, I instead re-lived the experience of a needle going into my thumb from a year and a half ago when I got hit by a car and my thumbnail partially broke off and needed to have the blood drained from underneath it so the entire nail wouldn't be lost. Even though they numbed it, that tiny little sharp sensation still manages to get through although it isn't so uncomfortable that you can't tolerate it.

I can't say whether anything happening to my body was going on that triggered this, like an actual spider biting my thumb (I woke up and saw no signs of such) since I know certain external stimuli can influence dreams, but when it means you actually experience tactile sensation while you're unconscious and in various stages of sleep, it really goes against the idea that things in your dream can't hurt you. Although I do remember in tenth grade I had a dream where I blew my head off with a shotgun and didn't feel that, I just woke up with a shock (it was either shotgun-suicide or get fucked up by the Nemesis from the Resident Evil series, so I opted for the lesser of two evils, in case you're wondering why that particular thing happened in one of my dreams.)

Anyone else occasionally (or frequently?) able to remember vividly experiencing physical sensation while you're dreaming? Any lucid dreamers try to experiment with this?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: Anyone else experience physical sensation while dreaming?
falling
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Falling, sex, getting hit by HE, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wet dreams lol
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Quite often actually.

Falling, driving, eating, kissing even.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Does an erection count?
I think everyone is kind of missing the key component; I understand that the sensation of falling is an experience we sometimes have while dreaming, but I'm talking about something we experience in a tactile sense, i.e. by touching. I remember dreams where I've felt uncomfortable levels of heat from sunlight on my back walking through the schoolyard. Dreams about getting in a fight with my best friend and feeling like I'm literally having something painful jabbing me in an uncomfortable area.

Things we would feel with our skin, with the nerve endings and whatnot. Those kinds of tactile sensations while dreaming.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(January 28, 2017 at 5:58 pm)Astonished Wrote: I think everyone is kind of missing the key component; I understand that the sensation of falling is an experience we sometimes have while dreaming, but I'm talking about something we experience in a tactile sense, i.e. by touching. I remember dreams where I've felt uncomfortable levels of heat from sunlight on my back walking through the schoolyard. Dreams about getting in a fight with my best friend and feeling like I'm literally having something painful jabbing me in an uncomfortable area.

Things we would feel with our skin, with the nerve endings and whatnot. Those kinds of tactile sensations while dreaming.

How would you know if you are asleep?
How do you even know that you are awake right now? This could be a dream.

[Image: Keanu-Reeves-Whoa-09.jpg]
(January 28, 2017 at 5:58 pm)Astonished Wrote: I think everyone is kind of missing the key component; I understand that the sensation of falling is an experience we sometimes have while dreaming, but I'm talking about something we experience in a tactile sense, i.e. by touching. I remember dreams where I've felt uncomfortable levels of heat from sunlight on my back walking through the schoolyard. Dreams about getting in a fight with my best friend and feeling like I'm literally having something painful jabbing me in an uncomfortable area.

You feel all of those things with your brain.  Your nerve endings send signals (or, sometimes...don't).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does this seem like a no brainer to anyone else? brewer 9 835 April 20, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question about outbursts of anger while under stress purplepurpose 18 1968 April 7, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Quixotic
  Once Again - Science Does Stuff While Religitards Read Their Silly Old Books! Minimalist 6 1178 March 8, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Secual Experience for Men Rhondazvous 15 2801 July 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Lucid Dreaming IATIA 39 4509 May 12, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Night Life Began A While Ago Minimalist 2 858 September 4, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Senses,sensation, preception BrokenQuill92 15 1765 March 19, 2014 at 7:40 am
Last Post: max-greece
  And While the Shitheads Praise Jesus Minimalist 12 3856 March 16, 2012 at 8:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Near death experience 5thHorseman 12 4262 November 2, 2011 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  While the Jesus Freaks Prattle On.... Minimalist 8 3600 September 1, 2009 at 2:35 am
Last Post: fr0d0