Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pull up a chair
Pull up a chair
Pull up a chair and have a seat. In this thread I invite atheists and agnostics to discuss the topic of faith.

What is faith?

We all know that faith is an important aspect of Christianity. But what about atheism? Does an atheist exercise faith?

If so, how?

In what way?

I maintain that many atheists do indeed exercise faith despite what they may say about it.

So let us begin the discussion.
RE: Pull up a chair
If you can point out something I believe purely on faith, I will re-evaluate it.

If I were to dump everything I know I would be an Atheist. No faith required.
If atheism is a faith bald is a hair colour.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I will try to avoid telling you what a presumptuous and condescending fool you are if you think you can tell me anything in this regard that I haven't thought about much more deeply than you, but I have litte faith that I'll manage. Oh, too late already!
FreeTony took my favorite chair. I WANT MY FAVORITE CHAIR :S
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... no. Sorry to say, I don't have faith. I don't need it. I have logic, science, evidence, facts, etc. instead.
Is this supposed to be like group therapy?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Is this supposed to be like group therapy?

It's a 12 step program to lower your IQ to the OPs level. See, I'll start,

Hi, my name is Alex, and I have faith.
(March 17, 2014 at 6:04 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(March 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Is this supposed to be like group therapy?

It's a 12 step program to lower your IQ to the OPs level.

Hi, my name is Alex, and I have faith.

*Other patients applaud* ClapClapClapClapClapClap

They all say at the say time : Hi, Alex .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Yesterday, I walked across a bridge, and I had faith that it wouldn't collapse! Faith! Praise Jesus! Because that's totally the same thing as believing in a sky fairy that some goatherders made up 4000 years ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would they worship a chair? Fake Messiah 20 1465 April 26, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger