Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Religious Nuttiness
More Religious Nuttiness
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/18/te...at-church/

Quote:A Tennessee woman was arrested on Sunday and charged with attempted first-degree murder and felony vandalism after she allegedly drove her car into a church and stabbed her husband, claiming she was under orders from the Devil.
RE: More Religious Nuttiness
Get out of jail free card being played here I am thinking Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 18, 2014 at 6:39 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Get out of jail free card being played here I am thinking Thinking

Which is weird, when you think about it: the kind of person that would be inclined to believe that should really be ecstatic about arresting the devil, or a servant of the devil, right? Tongue

I don't think "falling sway to the embodiment of all evil," is really the kind of thing that makes you morally in the clear.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
To be fair, insane people claim all sorts of things to excuse their crimes.

I did read a recent stat though that a Christian (someone who identifies themselves as such) is 15 times more likely to end up in prison than an atheist.

Dem pesky stats. Big Grin
Quote:A Tennessee woman was arrested on Sunday and charged with attempted first-degree murder and felony vandalism after she allegedly drove her car into a church and stabbed her husband, claiming she was under orders from the Devil.
For a guy who has very little time remaining, Satan sure is aiming low these days.

Heh... apparently not a NASCAR fan. She's cute, I must say. At least when she's not trying to shiv her NASCAR-worshiping husband.*

*If you believe what the Devil told her.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
And why would she be following the orders of the devil? Was be blackmailing her for passing off a store bought pie as a homemade one at the church bake sale?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 18, 2014 at 11:44 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: And why would she be following the orders of the devil? Was be blackmailing her for passing off a store bought pie as a homemade one at the church bake sale?

lmao!
Sounds more like Schizophrenia than "religious nuttiness" to me. Sad
Crikey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No more contraceptives due to religious objections Foxaèr 6 448 July 9, 2020 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  More religious liberty in Ohio brewer 42 2688 November 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hollywood puts out more religious crap. Brian37 50 6356 March 22, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: abaris