Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there
Hi there
Hello. I've joined the forum about 3 weeks ago and i haven't had a proper chance to introduce myself.

My name is Tommy, i'm 32 and i live in Poland. I've been an atheist for 3-4 years now.
I guess i considered myself a believer before, but in general i was never a very religious person. I was forced to go to church as a kid, so i wasn't the biggest fan of Christianity. After seeing a couple of interviews and lectrures with Richard Dawkins i quickly realised that i share his skeptical way of thinking and that i am in fact an atheist.

I love music, basketball and french fries Big Grin I hope you'll enjoy some of my thoughts in awesome discussions you have here on the forum.

Have a wonderful day Smile
RE: Hi there
Hello Tommy and welcome to AF! ^_^
How refreshing to have another European east of the UK here, I was starting to feel kind of lonely! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome!

p.s.
Hey, I'm east of the UK as well! Big Grin
Barely, you have what, Belgium as a buffer? Big Grin But I say there could always be more Europeans aforum Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 19, 2014 at 9:22 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Barely, you have what, Belgium as a buffer? Big Grin But I say there could always be more Europeans aforum Wink

I can see Belgium from my house Big Grin
Welcome
(March 19, 2014 at 9:25 am)Alex K Wrote: I can see Belgium from my house Big Grin

"OMG ME TOO!!!" --Sarah Palin
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Welcome!
Another european here.... but.. sort of west from the UK... certainly south! Wink It's now sunny and a nice 20ºC around here! Tongue
Thanks for the warm welcome, nice to see all the fellow europeans Big Grin

(March 19, 2014 at 9:47 am)pocaracas Wrote: It's now sunny and a nice 20ºC around here! Tongue

Unfortunatelly i had rain and coluds for the past 5 days here... JELAUOS xD
(March 19, 2014 at 10:00 am)tommynba Wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome, nice to see all the fellow europeans Big Grin

(March 19, 2014 at 9:47 am)pocaracas Wrote: It's now sunny and a nice 20ºC around here! Tongue

Unfortunatelly i had rain and coluds for the past 5 days here... JELAUOS xD

Oh well... we had rain non-stop for the whole of February, so the sun is most welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, hi there, ho there NaughtyButNice 19 3088 February 14, 2016 at 4:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1824 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused