Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hezekiah the Christian with Skepticism
Hezekiah the Christian with Skepticism
Hello everyone! My name is (legitimately) Hezekiah Crocker! I'm a 21 year old college student from Virginia. I am also a Christian with a belief in God. However, I am very skeptical of Christians and how Christians have handled certain situations toward people of other religions.

While I believe in God, I also believe that no one has the right to force their beliefs on someone else. Everyone is entiltled to die with whatever set of suppositions they take with them to their grave. Afterwards, let death be the proof.

This said, I personally latch on to Christian beliefs, but I love to engage in honest and healthy discussion about topics of belief, philosophy, ultimate truth, free will, autonomy, etc. I currently have a thread going on about whether Unbelief is possible here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-24801-po...#pid629905

I would love to discuss ideas and I have a passion for seeking truth. I believe that if the truth is out there for us to obtain, cooperation will get us there over competition. So far I have experience a lot of warmth from the community, and I don't take it for granted one bit! Thank you!
RE: Hezekiah the Christian with Skepticism
Welcome, Hez, and thanks for making an intro. So far, you're a great contributor Smile
You are most welcome. Keep asking those questions, question everything even your own assumptions.

Welcome to AF from Perth Western Australia.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome Hez, that's your nickname now blame becca, glad to see a reasonable theist contributor around! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Well, sorry to tell you this, but truth-seeking and questioning assumptions may lead to a loss of faith. The Christian establishment discourages that kind of stuff for a reason. I personally appreciate your healthy appetite for knowledge. Have you studied some comparative religion and philosophy? That's a good place to start when you're asking questions about religion, assumptions, and belief.
(March 20, 2014 at 8:14 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Well, sorry to tell you this, but truth-seeking and questioning assumptions may lead to a loss of faith. The Christian establishment discourages that kind of stuff for a reason. I personally appreciate your healthy appetite for knowledge. Have you studied some comparative religion and philosophy? That's a good place to start when you're asking questions about religion, assumptions, and belief.

Thanks! I believe in questioning everything, and not being afraid to set down my own beliefs, and in doing so, if my beliefs are really the truth, then I'll find myself picking them back up again. Big Grin

(March 20, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: Welcome Hez, that's your nickname now blame becca, glad to see a reasonable theist contributor around! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome

Big Grin that's my actual nickname anyways! And thank you!
Hello Hezza!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome and look forward to more of your posts/threads! The one you started is very interesting.
Smile
Hmm....

Quote:As for Hezekiah the Judahite, who did not submit to my yoke: forty-six of his strong, walled cities, as well as the small towns in their area, which were without number, by levelling with battering-rams and by bringing up seige-engines, and by attacking and storming on foot, by mines, tunnels, and breeches, I besieged and took them.

From Sennacharib's Prism - Cuneiform inscription 8th century bc)

Hope you make out better than the first Hezekiah.