Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, community!
Wink 
Hello, community!
Hi! I'm new here. I'm 16 years old. I have been Atheist since I was about 12. I didn't tell my parents till about a month ago. They both supported me even though my dad didn't really agree with me. Afterwards, I wanted to make a post on FB about it because I wanted to help other people come out of the closet and it worked. Two people did the sane thing I did. Smile
RE: Hello, community!
(March 23, 2014 at 1:13 am)Doggey75 Wrote: Hi! I'm new here. I'm 16 years old. I have been Atheist since I was about 12. I didn't tell my parents till about a month ago. They both supported me even though my dad didn't really agree with me. Afterwards, I wanted to make a post on FB about it because I wanted to help other people come out of the closet and it worked. Two people did the sane thing I did. Smile

Wow, that takes great courage to share that with your parents. That's great news. Welcome and hope you enjoy it here! Smile
Hello! Welcome

By the way...how do you type without opposable thumbs, Doggey?

John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Such a brave kid! Welcome!
Welcome!
[Image: coda-blog-3-image-thanks-to-taubenschlag-de.gif]
Welcome, Doggey!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 23, 2014 at 1:36 am)Darkstar Wrote: Hello! Welcome

By the way...how do you type without opposable thumbs, Doggey?

ROFLOL

You found out my secret!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me!
(March 23, 2014 at 1:13 am)Doggey75 Wrote: Hi! I'm new here. I'm 16 years old. I have been Atheist since I was about 12. I didn't tell my parents till about a month ago. They both supported me even though my dad didn't really agree with me. Afterwards, I wanted to make a post on FB about it because I wanted to help other people come out of the closet and it worked. Two people did the sane thing I did. Smile

Welcome, Doggey.

And well done for having the courage to "come out" on Facebook.

I assume you're in the US where doing such a thing can be a problem?
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm)Beccs Wrote:

Welcome, Doggey.

And well done for having the courage to "come out" on Facebook.

I assume you're in the US where doing such a thing can be a problem?

Ya. Im from US. It went surprisingly well though.
Hello, Lad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding Community Living in Death 16 1863 January 29, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Stuck in small religoius community Siren 39 3862 July 21, 2014 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Want to be in the community. Allnewoutlook 46 6487 July 15, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Smile Hello, so nice to be among a community of fellow freethinkers dk2852 11 2654 March 31, 2013 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1824 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5994 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates
  Hello Freethinking Community OGjimKenobi 2 1209 November 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: fr0d0