Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in small religoius community
Stuck in small religoius community
Hello! I am a military wife living over seas. As you can prob guess my community is a bit more religious than most and I need some fellow minded people to talk to.
RE: Stuck in small religoius community
Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Hiii nice to meet you! There are plenty of like minded people to talk to here, so make yourself at home Big Grin
Oh and have some welcome cookies!

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome

How could we guess?
Thanks I don't think I have ever had turtle cookies
They're mostly pecans, caramel, and chocolate. No turtles were harmed in the making of your welcome cookies Wink

(July 19, 2014 at 10:18 am)LastPoet Wrote: How could we guess?

Well the thread title is somewhat telling :p
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome to the forums, Siren.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Welcome.

Might be amusing to note the foibles of the religiousites in your neighborhood and share them with us.

Reports of hypocrisy, selective adherence to scripture, and eagerness to have OTHER people to be legally required to observe scriptures they themselves would never dream of adhering to always is good to see here.

Sounds like you're living in a lemon grove, make us some lemonade !!

Cheers!
Pecans bleck. I guess that is why I have never had them

Well vorlon, the main thing I notice that comes to mind is they complain there religious rights are diminishing and being encroached upon because of having to be sensitive to other religions. Mainly Muslim, they don't even mention atheists I think they are not really aware of us. I can tell you I have had to join hands in silence for the group Christian prayer at least 4 or 5 times a year at different military events some mandatory like change of commands.
Pecans are good for you. Full of marrow bone jelly !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding Community Living in Death 16 1890 January 29, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Want to be in the community. Allnewoutlook 46 6519 July 15, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Wink Hello, community! Doggey75 16 2075 March 27, 2014 at 1:47 am
Last Post: psychoslice
Smile Hello, so nice to be among a community of fellow freethinkers dk2852 11 2670 March 31, 2013 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1835 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Hello Freethinking Community OGjimKenobi 2 1215 November 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: fr0d0